Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see from my posts I am new to this forum and new to the Walther Creed. I was looking for a non striker, hammer fired D/A pistol with a large magazine capacity and settled on the Creed. So far so good. I have a question for the long time Walther owners and enthusiasts. I have owned many guns mainly revolvers and three semi-auto pistols. I have never seen a vertical feed ramp and a little curved bed on any of the autos I have used such as: Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger etc. Is this new to just the Creed or does all the Walthers have this ramp configuration? And why? I know this feed ramp works with the tuned magazine because I have 640 rounds through the gun with no failures. With some of my other guns I had to polish the feed ramp a few times to get it tuned. And so, I am wondering why the other manufacturers don't use this style. Is it because its not a one piece barrel and the other armsmakers don't want to go this route?

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
You got me when you said the feed ramp was vertical, so I just looked it up. The PPX barrel is similar, so here's a photo (PPX barrel in the center) and an explanation:

Walther takes a somewhat unique approach to the design of the PPX feed ramp and chamber face. In the photo above (the PPX is in the middle), you can see a pronounced funnel-like feature on all 360 degrees of the chamber face. This is very pronounced when compared to similar pistols. (L-R:* SIG Sauer P6, GLOCK 17 Gen 2, Walther PPX, HK USP-T, Steyr M9). In addition, the ramp design has a much smaller concave “spoon” design than is typical for these types of pistols.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
universal exports

Thanks for the photo and the explaination. It did not answer all my questions but, from what I was reading, to me it seems this configuration is unique to the now defunct PPX and Creed and The other Walther models have a normal type ramp. I ran some A-Zoom Snap Caps through it to observe the feeding process and all I can say is its very smooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts