Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Newbie here (like joined-today newbie): I recently was given a PP 9mm kurz.

The S/N is 727** (and 727**A) by the trigger. It has the Eagle emblem stamped with an "N" underneath. Just above the trigger and below the ejection port is the date code (I believe) of IC (JC?) with an antler stamped.

My research tells me that this piece was manufactured in 1982. Is this correct?

The left side has the standard engravings of: "Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do. Modell PP Cal 9mm kurz" and "Made in W.Germany".

I do believe the pre-manufacture was done at the Manurhin plant.

It also has the standard "Interarms Alexandria Virginia" stamped on the right hand barrel.

Please confirm and, if possible, a send a link to where I can find the value of said gun.

Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Really nice gift and so the value is priceless.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Pictures will aid in determining the value.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics...

I'd love to send pics but...

I tried posting the pics directly but that came up with an error message even though my pics were sized correctly)

I tried using a URL (from dropbox) and that failed.

Hope these links work...

TIA!!! ::)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Your info on the piece is correct. The finish on the slide is in good condition, however, there is freckling on the front underside of the frame and finish loss and discoloration on the back strap. The .380 is the harder version to come by. I could see a buyer spending $450-600 on gunbroker depending on how much they wanted it

·
Registered
3,337 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
And how many .380 versions do you see in that lineup? :)

I had aspersions to pick up some reasonably priced .380 PP's last year and could find few listed that were not 7.65mm. Those that I do see are are usually collector grade with box and papers or overpriced. I'm not trying to hype the .380 model (or purchase one at an inflated price) but I really don't see them listed as often as I would like to see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts