Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering whether to have this gun repaired and keep it or simply sell it as is and buy something else for practice. It was suggested that I post some pictures of this gun in an attempt to gather members options as to what it's value might be.

Current condition: Considering its age, I consider it to be in nearly new condition BUT in my opinion it needs a new sear (hammer cocking piece) to be enjoyed. It displays failure to cock when fired. In other words it must be manually cocked. Moderate forward pressure on the cocked hammer will cause tripping.

Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/F2eXoSTcXTsp9vNV9

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Nice pistol. Are you offering it separately, or does it come with anything attached? Box? Manual? Extra mags? etc.

You can find them in fully functioning condition, often with the box and whatnot, in the $700 to $950, depending on overall condition and the amount of remaining finish. That should give you some sort of starting point.

One thing is certain: You'll get more for it if it's working than you will if it's not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Response

Thanks.
I have the two magazines shown that come with it. I also have a pdf version of the manual and a paper, German copy on order. No box etc.

John

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The photos are way too dark and blurred to see much detail , but the gun seems to have original blue, in very nice, unaltered and unabused condition externally. The PP Sports are lovely guns, and deserve better than to be abandoned over a sear problem, which is relatively easy to fix by an experienced gunsmith who understands Walthers and uses correct repair techniques. Amateur tinkering will likely make it worse, and can cause serious perhaps irreparable damage.

In the USA this gun probably would be worth double what you paid for it.

M

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
I would have it repaired. A PP Sport is at the top of my Walther want list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Walther PP Sport Value

Thanks for the opinions!

I am looking at having a new sear and hammer installed.

I like the gun too. But I hate machinery that doesn't work correctly. if the repair is successful I will be keeping it.

Happy shooting,

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts