Walther Forums banner

Value of this old ppk

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Walther22lr 
#1 ·
Picked up an old walther last week and was wondering what the value and manufacture date might be. Finish is worn and with light pitting. Grips are not original. 32 caliber. Serial number 195190 w.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, that is an old pistol...ZM manufacture and crown/N so prior to 1940 if I remember the lessons correctly. Good caliber and what the pistol was originally designed for. You got it for a very good price. Can't say I like the grips though. There is a chart around here somewhere with SN/year of manufacture. The .32 is quite pleasant to shoot. 1917

#6 ·
Nice find. You have an unusual PPK with a "W" suffix instead of a "K". That makes it a 1939 . The speculation is that the "W" may stand for “Wehrmacht”

It is a really rare serial number range. WIld guess would be US$2500 to a collector, but you don't have the original grips.

#15 ·
Considering the state of the finish and pitting I don't think that it would be worthwhile to purchase a set of expensive (and fragile) original grips for it. However, it should make an excellent shooter.

What kind of magazine does it have ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.