Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 German made, Interarms imported PPK. Is there a good source for getting an insurance appraisal for it. I understand that there may be a premium on the post FFA PPK imports. I do not want to sell it, but merely want to make sure that it's properly valued for a worst case event. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Call the NRA firearms insurance they will give ball park figure, but Interarms stopped importing them in 1968, the year of the ban. If your was made in 1979, it is a PPK/S

·
Registered
343 Posts
Call the NRA firearms insurance they will give ball park figure, but Interarms stopped importing them in 1968, the year of the ban. If your was made in 1979, it is a PPK/S

Not necessarily so, Interarms still brought the PPK in for Law Enforcement and other special folks. Some of those have found their way to us regular people.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a 1980 Ulm/IA PPK in 380. It was a post ban law enforcement import. It was mint in the box. I paid $1800 for mine. Part of the appeal was knowing "few" came in after 1968.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not necessarily so, Interarms still brought the PPK in for Law Enforcement and other special folks. Some of those have found their way to us regular people.
Very true. I have an 82 PPK with Interarms importation stamps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is really a PPK from that date. It's likely originally imported by a police department. However, I don't have its history. That's the primary reason I wanted to find an appraiser. These appear to be rather rare, but I'd like to know if that translates into a higher value for insurance/replacement value. It came with the original box, plastic cleaning rod and manual, but no target. It appears to be NRA excellent, modern firearms.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried to get one in 1974 LE import, Interarms said they weren't doing any more PPK imports, they must of lied, so they are rare.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought a new in the box Interarms PPK for $ 550. It belonged to a deceased state trooper who never shot it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If the PPK is in excellent condition with original black box with serial number attached, spare magazine, test target, and instruction manual. A reasonable estimate for insurance purchases would roughly be 1900-2100.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick,

Thanks very much. That's exactly what I was looking for. Called my insurance company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts