Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a local guy that has a PPK/S in the box with 2 mags. The box is a hard plastic black/gray box. Its not the alligator/red boxes that you see. I am guessing that its a mid 1970s gun. Marked made in W. Germany and is polished blued.

The guy wants $1100K for it.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
If you like to give us more information, serial number, proof marking/date code, pics, we are possible able to help ;).

In addition: chambered in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. Its .380. Serial is 17XXXX, there is what looks like an eagle to the left of it with an N underneath it. Thats all I can find in the pictures.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Correct. Gun was proofed in Ulm (antler) in 1973 (73). Market in Germany is not compareable to US-market. But in my opinion 1100 USD is much to high.

Reactions: HerrZnk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct. Gun was proofed in Ulm (antler) in 1973 (73). Market in Germany is not compareable to US-market. But in my opinion 1100 USD is much to high.
Thanks Understood about the market in Germany versus the US. The guy said he has had it for sale for a while, I am assuming that the price is too high.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Depends on condition. A 1970 PPK/S in .380 with 2 mags, very good bluing, a nice fitted Galco holster and no box went for $850 at a LGS earlier this year. The black plastic box you mention is correct for that gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,281 Posts
Yeah, try to weasel him down a little. The bluing is nice, the caliber not so much.
Moon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts