Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey Folks,
1st time on the Forum.
I have just started to shoot in some USPSA and would like to start going to a few IDPA Matches.

1st match I used my 1911.
2nd match my P99 and just bought a box of UMC's. 250 rounds for $40 and off to the match.

I do not have much bad to say about the ol 1911, but the Walther will be on my belt for the rest of the season.

Well I made up some new reloads and while I'm here, does anybody have that magic load for match shooting with the P99. I do not think it will take much to come op with one if not.

:D Went to the rangs today like a happy little kid.
:eek: Trajedy hits as I drop my P99 (unloaded) on the concrete parking lot.
I looked all around for someone to blame and not a person in sight so I will have to own up to this one.

I damaged both the front and rear sights.
Any suggestions of where to purchase replacements and or would I be better off buying sights that would help in these match shoots.

Are these the same sights on a certain S&W.

Thanks for any help,
2alpha

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you're asking about reloading recipes it makes sense to tell us 9mm or .40SW, hmm? :) Sounds like a 9 from the prices you quote.

I shoot winchester white box or federal american eagle plinking ammo for my IDPA style matches. My gun and ammo outshoot me by a fair margin.

I'm contemplating getting big dot sights from XS-sights. http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I shoot USPSA...I used Big Dot but they didn't work well at further distances...not bad but not what I wanted.

I have Meps on my P99c and use it some...but I picked up some Red Fiber optics for my comp P99 and really like how they show up. I shoot indoor and outdoors and they work well and they look good on the gun too.

I reload 115 gr LRN or HP over 5.5 gr Unique...shoots good, maybe a bit dirty but hey, Unique is the "Smokeless Black Powder.";)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I shot some other guns (1911s) with red-dot front sight and was impressed. Which one did you install on the P99?

What distance do you shoot USPSA? We shoot IDPA indoors, max distance is 50' or so, typically less.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reloads and Sights

Sorry for the slow reply, I got a bit covered up in work and T-Ball games.

Yes it is a 9mm and thanks for your input.

I have great luck loading lead for my 9mm but always have a time with the
45acp.

Thanks again,
2alpha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also got a price from walther.
+- $1.50 factory front sight
$35 for the rear.

I will look into the sights you have posted as well.

2alpha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts