Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey Folks,
1st time on the Forum.
I have just started to shoot in some USPSA and would like to start going to a few IDPA Matches.

1st match I used my 1911.
2nd match my P99 and just bought a box of UMC's. 250 rounds for $40 and off to the match.

I do not have much bad to say about the ol 1911, but the Walther will be on my belt for the rest of the season.

Well I made up some new reloads and while I'm here, does anybody have that magic load for match shooting with the P99. I do not think it will take much to come op with one if not.

:D Went to the rangs today like a happy little kid.
:eek: Trajedy hits as I drop my P99 (unloaded) on the concrete parking lot.
I looked all around for someone to blame and not a person in sight so I will have to own up to this one.

I damaged both the front and rear sights.
Any suggestions of where to purchase replacements and or would I be better off buying sights that would help in these match shoots.

Are these the same sights on a certain S&W.

Thanks for any help,
2alpha

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you're asking about reloading recipes it makes sense to tell us 9mm or .40SW, hmm? :) Sounds like a 9 from the prices you quote.

I shoot winchester white box or federal american eagle plinking ammo for my IDPA style matches. My gun and ammo outshoot me by a fair margin.

I'm contemplating getting big dot sights from XS-sights. http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I shoot USPSA...I used Big Dot but they didn't work well at further distances...not bad but not what I wanted.

I have Meps on my P99c and use it some...but I picked up some Red Fiber optics for my comp P99 and really like how they show up. I shoot indoor and outdoors and they work well and they look good on the gun too.

I reload 115 gr LRN or HP over 5.5 gr Unique...shoots good, maybe a bit dirty but hey, Unique is the "Smokeless Black Powder.";)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reloads and Sights

Sorry for the slow reply, I got a bit covered up in work and T-Ball games.

Yes it is a 9mm and thanks for your input.

I have great luck loading lead for my 9mm but always have a time with the
45acp.

Thanks again,
2alpha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.