Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear folks,
Just a reminder: I'm a brand new gun owner, though I have taken training courses in the past. So I'm just starting out with all this.

I'm researching the use of snap caps and/or dummy rounds to use in a dry-fire regimen and to practice tapping-and-racking in live-fire. I have searched on "snap caps" in the Walther forums here but a lot of the commentary is a few years old and none are about the PDP. I've also searched online at various shooting sites, such as this review/recommendation from PewPewTactical: 5 Best Dummy Rounds & Snap Caps For Dry-Fire Practice - Pew Pew Tactical

I'm leaning toward the B's Dry Fire Snap Caps - A.K.A. B's Dummy's - Dummy 9mm Luger Training Caps:
https://www.amazon.com/Bs-Dry-Fire-Snap-Caps/dp/B0116829BM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
This is a 10-round package for $27. As I'm sure you know, it's possible to get other brands for much cheaper. But judging from the Amazon reviews, the B's Dry Fire Snap Caps' build quality generally seems pretty high; and from what I can tell, the product is intended also to mimic the weight of a live 9mm Luger round. That would create a more realistic feel to mag reloading etc.

Any thoughts or recommendations, based on your experience using this type of product with the PDP?

Thanks.
regards,
John Cox

·
Super Moderator
14,877 Posts
Morning John, keep in mind that the PDP is just an enhanced/improved PPQ. The PDP and PPQ share many parts, including the barrel. So, when you're researching you could broaden your search to include PDP, PPQ and P99, as they're all in the same family.

Now, with that said, I really can't add anything as it pertains to the use of snap caps, as I rarely use em'.

Hopefully, someone can come along with some feedback/advice for ya......sorry I couldn't help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use B's and A-Zoom. They are both good. I wouldn't worry much about the weight as far as simulating loading. I've been using the higher end A-Zoom (orange body and silicone, not rubber, primer) with great success. My A-Zoom snap caps have lasted for years. I've only had the B's for a few months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.