Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to review other users...weather good or bad experiences when buying and selling? I belong to other forums that allow that...and it helps to know a person's history when wanting to buy, sell, trade.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Is there a way to review other users...weather good or bad experiences when buying and selling? I belong to other forums that allow that...and it helps to know a person's history when wanting to buy, sell, trade.
you can add or subtract to a member's reputation by opening the bottom left center icon. Past that I'm not sure what you can do. Right now I think only the person who you rate sees the information.

As we are not primarily concerned with buying, selling or trading, I don't see this as necessarily a good function to have on the board. I think it might cause more harm than good.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Rating buyers and sellers could be more problematic than beneficial. A buyer/seller dispute can be the result of poor communication before the actual purchase, disagreement over words like very good, like new, etc, and failed expectations about functionality, condition, etc. that could result in claims that are not supported by facts but are simply differences of opinion.

When you buy a gun unseen from a person unknown there is a risk. If the transaction goes bad whose fault is it? The person who took the risk is not going to admit fault so the other party has to be able to defend. We do not need that kind of interaction in the Forum. The Forum owners would be put in the middle. At what point does a report become libelous? Who makes that decision? What liability is there? Added up the problems outweigh the potential gains.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts