Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Around 15 years ago some of these came into my store in 32ACP. Most were in "o.k." shape but not great, some were pretty loose in the slide rails.

One that came in I noticed was in VERY good condition with 98-99% of the blueing still on it. It was a real jewel. I looked at it clser and it had the month and year it was made...DAMN!!!....it also happened to be my birth month and year 9/65. It came with a holster with the officer's name written on the inside flap.

Shame I didn't have the $289 or whatever it was back then to get it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great story  I lost a blue interarm to a so called friend a while back I was at counter looking at it.  He saw I was looking at it ,I laid it on counter to speak to another person turned around and he was filling out yellow and dealer had green in hand. P me off he has 6 PPK/S and didn't need another for his safe. He never ask if I was buying or just looking. Have known for over 30 years and he did that. Their is a payback coming:angry:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I was VERY happy with the one I picked up. Can't remember which dealer it was, but it was under $300. Had very small import marks on it, not like the ones you see on most imported pistols today, and had well over 90% bluing on it.

I replaced all the springs on it, put on a set of cocobolo wood grips, and it looks great.

I just decided to get it reblued so I sent it out to ARS. Hopefully will get it back in a few months. Didn't take any before pictures though. Bad on my part.

I think they are a great deal personally.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I got one, 1968 date code and lanyard ring. Very accurate and reliable. But it has been shot alot I believe, every 20 or 30 rounds the hammer follows the slide forward and I am back in double action mode. That indicates to me that something internally is worn. But it is still a great shooter and much better made than the interarms in fit an finish and accuracy. I am also thinking of having it reblued just for aesthetic reasons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts