Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get rid of my P99 QA in 40 S&W. Would someone care to give me an educated guess on the value It is all "German proofed" and I will throw in the Sidearmor "First Addition" holster. I have put 300 rounds of Fiochi and Federal ,mixed(200 Fiochi and 100 Federal), and the idea of a blister on my arthritic thumb for every range session is not my idea of fun. Left handed the gun presents no problem but I shoot primarily right-handed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Used P99s are going for $400-450. From the condition you describe and with the holster, $450 is a fair price.

James

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm surprised to hear about getting the blister. I've shot the P99 for quite a bit and have not encountered anything like that with it. Is there a rough spot on the frame? I used to have a Glock that had a seam line on the bottom of its triggerguard that would wear on my middle finger. Through use and modeler's sandpaper (the really fine stuff you'd use for figures) I was able to eliminate it.

If you're willing to wait for the right buyer, I think $450 would be the highest price you could expect from any used Walther P99 that was well maintained and had between 100-1000 rounds through it. I've been watching one on gunbroker not sell for the past month. I think if you put it on GunsAmerica at $425 (plus shipping) it should move quickly. -This only pertains to private transfers. If you're selling to a gun store, figure on not getting anything above $325.

When selling guns online, it's really about patience. No matter what I've listed there's always some jackal who emails me with an offer that is $50 to $100 below market price and acts like he's doing me the favor. I'm sure there are quite a few people who would be happy to take it off your hands for $350.

The holster is definitely a bonus, but a lot of people won't give you what it's worth when you're selling it with the gun. The bid typically only goes up by $10 to $20 unless you're talking about high-end leather (or antique leather). Even then, most buyers aren't savvy enough to know the difference between high-end leather and something that's middle of the road. I know your holster is not leather. You might want to consider selling the holster separately to maximize your return.

If you want to contact me in a PM, I may know someone who would be interested in the holster. (He has a Fobus that he hates.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to think about seperating the holster from the pistol. Really trying to trade for a like condition Glock 26 or 27. Oh, the mag bodies are Metalife plated because I sent a Sig P245 off for slide and internals and the mags cost $10 bucks to get plated. One was free with the Sig and the other cost $10. I wish I could find my digital camera just to show how big the knuckle is where the thumb meets the hand.

·
Registered
124 Posts
A used Glock 26 / 27 in similar condition is going to be around $400. You might want to stop by the Glock forum below and leave a post or respond to a post.

Glock Forum

-Unfortunately, that board isn't managed well. Sometimes it takes a while to register and have posting rights.

Regarding the holster, do whatever you feel comfortable doing. It's just one of those things where a lot of buyers aren't interested in paying extra for the extras. -I talked with my friend and he said he wants OWB not IWB, so he's a pass.

If you find the camera and take pictures, I'd be interested in seeing your grip. The recessed area on the grip for the thumb is pretty wide. Are you resting your thumb on the high-point on the frame, right behind the mag release?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I might be interested in buying your holster. Any idea what the difference is between the first edition you have and the current offering from Sidearmor? A pic or two would be helpful.

I think offering your P99 for the Glock you want on the glocktalk for sale forum would be a good way to go. You should be able to trade even that way, without the holster. That is exactly how I got my P99, I traded a Beretta for it. I personally like my P99 much better than any Glock, but if it hurts to shoot, then I don't blame you. I would make sure you don't have the same problem with a Glock before you trade. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Txjeep,
The first edition Sidearmor holster is just the regular IWB Sidearmor holster marked "First Edition".
No real difference. but maybe a collectors item someday.
Incidently they also fit the S&W99-45.
Excellent holsters with three or four options of attachment to the belt.
-General Sherman

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I could figure out how to post a picture of the right hand gripping the gun I would be glad to show the right thumb. The holster is shown on the sidearmor website. It is the one on the right when the P99 is brought up. 1 1/2 belt loop with a 5degree cant. Basic holster! Best advise I got is rent the glock and see if it is what I want. If I have to spend some money then I will look at the Sig P239 also. Trigger would be the same as my P245.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts