Walther Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post here

I’ve owned Sig P232’s before and I really like the look of this style of gun.

I’ve always kept my eye out for the real deal however they seem to be rare in these parts.

I saw this today at a LGS

It’s an Interarms model that seems to be in excellent shape. Beautiful S/A trigger on it. The caveat is it doesn’t come with any box or paperwork but does have 3 mags

Worth 395 or pass on it?

I’m not that knowledgeable on the PPK so I thought I’d ask here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,683 Posts
If it were a .32, it would be a steal.
Go for the .380 anyway.
Moon

·
Registered
964 Posts
What , you haven't bought it yet ? I was sure we would be reading the range report by now . At that price If you haven't bought it yet it is most likely gone,especially if they seem to be scarce in your neck of the woods . Ayb

·
Super Moderator
7,683 Posts
Be apprised, 2tango, that they are a little snappy to shoot in .380. But they're not making 'em anymore, so don't hesitate if you want it.
Moon

·
Registered
368 Posts
As MGM said but for $395 that’s a nice price. GB lands around $600s for Interarms.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
As MGM said but for $395 that’s a nice price. GB lands around $600s for Interarms.
It's such a nice price that I hear my subconscious alarm bell.

"Check carefully" is not a casual phrase like "Have a nice day". One of these days I will write a comprehensive checklist of what I look for, but for now, this will suffice.

Pull the slide off and make sure everything that should be there is present. Find and identify the ejector and the hammer block. Look through the bore for scoring or bulges. Confirm that the barrel does not wiggle in the frame. The barrel retention pin should not be battered. The feed ramp should not be hogged out in Interarms guns (in contrast to S&W). Look for unusual gouging, peening or scratching on the frame or slide that suggests ham-handed kitchen-table "gunsmithing".

Look closely at the frame at both sides around the trigger-guard pivot pin; does it look like somebody tried to hammer it out? Examine the breech face of the slide and the extractor hook for alteration or deformation.

Put the gun back together and test ALL the controls to see if everything works. Cock the hammer and try to push it off with your thumb.

If the gun does not pass muster, forget the nice price; you'll have to pay more to put it right--if that's even possible. Just hand it back, thank the seller, and move on.

If it does pass, ask the seller if he'll guarantee for three days that the gun works with ammo of his choice. If he agrees, buy a box from him to try.

M

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Assuming Mike’s checklist pans out, it is a bargain. Happy Fourth of July!

Reactions: WiseguyDS

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's such a nice price that I hear my subconscious alarm bell.

"Check carefully" is not a casual phrase like "Have a nice day". One of these days I will write a comprehensive checklist of what I look for, but for now, this will suffice.

Pull the slide off....

M
Mike, I for one will look forward to that comprehensive list.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.