Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Looking to get a deep concealment holster to cut down on printing. I have been seeing these Urban Carry G3’s advertised. Anyone have extensive use and experience with them or the G2?

Did you notice the weight hanging against their leg, etc?? How long was your break in??

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
We are talking about the G3 leather belt holster?
Keep the gun as light as reasonably possible, and use a really stout gunbelt.
Moon

·
Registered
208 Posts
No Moon- the urban carry he is talking about is like a weird pouch you put your firearm in and wear inside the waist. There’s a flap you pull and the pouch rises and the grip should be there for you to draw... kind of odd in my opinion...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seems very gimicky. Better off with a "Kangaroo carry" concealment shirt. I have several of them. Or you can use a bellyband holster. What kind of gun?

·
Super Moderator
3,891 Posts
Search youtube for 'urbancarry g3 review' and see what people have had to say; there are plenty of reviews -- a number of which show you how badly the thing prints, how wonky it is to try to draw not only the holster but also the firearm past your belt. You get the idea -- there are some issues...

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
No Moon- the urban carry he is talking about is like a weird pouch you put your firearm in and wear inside the waist..
Thanks; I searched it, and that wasn't remotely what I found.
Sitting down with a full sized auto in that rig? Naaaaah. Ouch.
Something really flat, small and light might work better.
Moon

Reactions: jcsaz77

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all!!! Yeah the reviews say good and bad, but you are right in that the belt has to be almost stooooopid loose for the thing to work properly. I was thinking of an officer’s 1911 in the pouch.

I will dig through the forum for a holster suggestion. Some of the ideas I have tripped across have me interested, like Wright leather works, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks all!!! Yeah the reviews say good and bad, but you are right in that the belt has to be almost stooooopid loose for the thing to work properly. I was thinking of an officer’s 1911 in the pouch.

I will dig through the forum for a holster suggestion. Some of the ideas I have tripped across have me interested, like Wright leather works, etc.

Very happy with Crossbreed’s Appendix holster. I’d carried a Glock 26 in one for several years prior to switching to the PPK/S. If you have the right build and clothes, it’s very comfortable. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

Looking to get a deep concealment holster to cut down on printing. I have been seeing these Urban Carry G3’s advertised. Anyone have extensive use and experience with them or the G2?

Did you notice the weight hanging against their leg, etc?? How long was your break in??

Thanks.
Modify it to hold a Buntline and impress the women.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Check out the 3 Speed Holster.

Reactions: BornFighting88

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
If there is a painless way to hide a really large pistol without a covering garment, it isn't for lack of trying.
Moon

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Some of the ideas I have tripped across have me interested, like Wright leather works, etc.
If you can stand the wait time Wright makes great holsters.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What kind of wait time you talkin'? I'd imagine that soon after I pick up the pistol I would like to take it for a walk or two.

Not in a terrible rush, but also wouldn't mind if one fell in my lap sooner rather than later.

·
Premium Member
13,800 Posts
What kind of wait time you talkin'?
Current Lead Time
With Wright Leather Works YOU call out every detail of your holster. The style, color, hand, pistol model, and any accessories. Your order is then set in the que and produced first come... first served. We also offer a rush service at the check out. If you choose to have your order rushed, your order will ship within 2-3 weeks.

We do not stock holsters because each holster is hand made custom to your specifications. It is very unlikely that there is a stock holster matching your exact specifications available for immediate shipment.

Our production process is second to none in the industry and every attention to detail is addressed. Remember... when you deal with us you are dealing with the owners of the company. We make and handle every single holster that leaves our shop from beginning to end.

Current production lead time is 8-10 weeks.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks OldFart. I might still give them a considerable look. I am looking for IWB concealment. Plus leather works in and settles into shape over time with your body heat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts