Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still few and far removed. I have Tucker Texas Heritages for a Sig and a 1911 that I really like and they make it for the P99c but what else is currently available? Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check out highnoonholsters. I just purchased a deep cover that they had instock for my P99 C wich my full size fits in also. They are high quality holsters.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out highnoonholsters. I just purchased a deep cover that they had instock for my P99 C wich my full size fits in also. They are high quality holsters.
Kevin, don't they take forever to receive? I am also LH. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That seems to be what alot of people hear,, just got mine in 3 days,, they stock a few of there holsters as u can see on there site,, you need to call them to see whats in stock,, i can tell ya that they had two different models in stock for lefty last week i just got mine the other day i love it. Very concealable. They had the hidden impact and the down under with clip in stock last week, They told me the down under was designed for the compact but it fit my full size P99 just fine.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That seems to be what alot of people hear,, just got mine in 3 days,, they stock a few of there holsters as u can see on there site,, you need to call them to see whats in stock,, i can tell ya that they had two different models in stock for lefty last week i just got mine the other day i love it. Very concealable. They had the hidden impact and the down under with clip in stock last week, They told me the down under was designed for the compact but it fit my full size P99 just fine.
I'll ask them. Thanks. Being LH could be a problem I expect.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kramer Gunleather - IWB#3

KD Holsters - Defender

UBG Holsters - Canute

Comp-Tac - several models

Those come to mind right off the top of my head. There are others as well, I just can't think of them right now. There was even one place I was checking the other day that specified the difference between the Gen 1 & Gen 2 P99.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I sent an email to Kevin at KD to see if he can modify his Defender a little. If not, I am inclined to go with another Tucker Texas Heritage - but what a wait (and $$) and I am one of those guys who graves instant gratification. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the pics Kevin. Your holster doesn't shift? I have had that problem with similar design IWB's in the past. That's the reason I tend to prefer dual clip IWB's. And will that single clip lock on to a thick reinforced Galco 1.5 in. Instructor's belt?

·
Registered
99 Posts
When i wear it with a belt it doesnt shift at all, I guess the size of the person wearing it would really play a role in the holster shifting also. And it wil fit a 1.5 duty belt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Milt Sparks Versa Max II. It does take a while to receive, but its great once you have it. I use the "shirt Tucker" feature on mine and use it as my daily CCW weapon. I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Milt Sparks Versa Max II. It does take a while to receive, but its great once you have it. I use the "shirt Tucker" feature on mine and use it as my daily CCW weapon. I couldn't be happier with it.
I've got another 1.5 months before I get mine...I can't wait...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The VM II is a a very nice, well-made holster but to be perfectly honest, I prefer the Tucker Texas Heritage now that I have tried both. The Tucker (for me, maybe not for you) is thinner, more comfortable for all-day carry, and it a bit more adjustable because of its moveable clips. I have two Tuckers now and probably will ask Santa for a third for my Walther.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hope my Tucker "the answer" is here by Christmas. I ordered it 5 months ago. I hope it is worth the wait. I will post pics and comments when it comes in.
wage

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If only Comp-tac would offer its new MTAC for the Walther. Patience I guess.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just ordered the Milt Sparks VM2 for my FS P99 and they have a 5-6 month wait.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
That's a long wait if you need a holster fast. You might want to consider a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB to hold you over until then. They are not that expensive and I find the SuperTuck more comfortable than the Milt Sparks VM II though not nearly as "elegant" in appearance. And Crossbreed is now shipping much faster. On par with the VM II is the Tucker Texas Heritage but that too has a long, long wait. Just something to think about.

www.crossbreedholsters.com

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's a long wait if you need a holster fast. You might want to consider a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB to hold you over until then. They are not that expensive and I find the SuperTuck more comfortable than the Milt Sparks VM II though not nearly as "elegant" in appearance. And Crossbreed is now shipping much faster. On par with the VM II is the Tucker Texas Heritage but that too has a long, long wait. Just something to think about.

www.crossbreedholsters.com
I've been looking at holsters for awhile and have known about the wait before making the decision. I have a holster that works fine. Its a IWB/OWB from Black Hills Leather. I originally bought it because I would be able to wear it both ways to see which way I liked the best. IWB is the most comfortable and practical way. After that decision I knew I needed a tuckable option and after pouring over websites, internet forums, and multitudes of pictures I chose the VM2.

I also wanted and "elegant" holster and don't mind the wait.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts