Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
System failing to update forums with latest posting.

Admin: Have you read this? Threads with prior posts shown as "current" is very misleading.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there an admin for this site or have the owners fired everyone? At least let us know you are aware of this issue.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not only is the system not updating the last poster but now you are duplicating posts....what the heck is going on?

UPDATE

What I see happening is the last poster in each thread references a member posting in an earlier forum or a member posting earlier in the forum shown on the home page (Waltherforums). Once you logon the system appears to correct itself.

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Hi there,

We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security. This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's whats going on here.

Niall

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi there,

We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security. This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's whats going on here.

Niall

While I understand the system process you've described I see no real advantage as it forces a member to log in every time when they may only be looking for updates to a specific thread. Non-members still have full visibility to everything and they would most likely be reading everything anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not sure what, if anything, you are doing but now there are a number of posts that were written several days ago including mine that all have "today" as the post date! You have gone from bad to worse. It has become a joke and it's not funny!

Forcing a login every time is ridiculous and as for cloud technology it is as vulnerable to hacking as any other system. You are hurting this forum and its members.

·
Premium Member
13,554 Posts
Please remove Cloudflare, send it back to who ever you purchased it from, demand a refund and tell em' their software sucks. I wonder if the programmers are the same ones that wrote the software for the Boeing 737-8 Max?

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please remove Cloudflare, send it back to who ever you purchased it from, demand a refund and tell em' their software sucks. I wonder if the programmers are the same ones that wrote the software for the Boeing 737-8 Max?
Oh no! Had a horrible thought. They either trashed the prior system or all the data!:eek:

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Hello there,

Unfortunately, there aren't any plans on rolling back on this.
As Niall stated, this is to provide an optimum experience for both logged in users and guests. It is also used to prevent ddos attacks from happening.
If you do not want to log in every time you visit the site, I would recommend clicking on "remember me". This will have your account stay logged in anytime you visit the forum.

Ed

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently we have a communication problem. The issue is not the software used rather what the settings have done to disrupt what was a member friendly process. Your suggestion of selecting "remember me" has its own potential security issues for both the member as well as the site. Your system is anything but an optimum experience.....it slows the members down when they are looking for latest posts to a thread they are following. That takes a few seconds and then they can log in or move on.....but it's their choice.....not something you force them into.

·
Administrator
270 Posts
We're not forcing anything to do anything. We're looking after our sore membership which is logged in users. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Niall

1 - 14 of 14 Posts