Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member who inherited a U.P. Model 1 starter pistol and knows zip about it. I discovered it was loaded (gulp!), and I see that the barrel is plugged about 3/16" from the exit by what looks like yellow wax or clay enclosed in an open-ended metal cylinder, all of which fits the barrel perfectly. Knowing nothing, I thought maybe I'd try to remove this little impediment and see if the piece would fire. Then I remembered that I really do know nothing and thought I'd ask someone who does.

What is that plug, anyway? Does it belong there? Thanks for any enlightenment.

Barry B

·
Registered
273 Posts
UP target pistol

If you saw it was 'loaded', then you have already taken the 'magazine' out the back of the pistol. This is basically cast strip that you insert the cartridges into, and as you pull the trigger, the magazine advances with each firing, again parallel with the barrel. The 'barrel' that you refer to, as far as I know, has no functional purpose. I'd be interested if you have found cartridges. Remember, the only purpose for the UP is to make noise. Its purpose is to be used at sporting events, however, the original advertisement also suggests that a woman might keep in her purse to scare away a bad guy. These are interesting pieces, but not too valuable. One in reasonable shape is worth about $75-125

1 - 3 of 3 Posts