Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
IMO, and I'm not an expert, it has been re-numbered and possibly re-blued. Possibly scrubbed and used post war, but that's just a guess. If the serial were original, it should have a 90 degree safety. Extractor should be blued too. But hopefully, true experts will chime in.

R

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
A five-digit serial number isn't unusual for a PP 7.65mm model made in the late Fifties. The corresponding German proof mark on the frame before 1961 is just the eagle (nitro proof). There was no sign of the proof location nor date code in Germany at that time. The same nitro proof can be usually found on the barell typically near the muzzle in most cases but it's often almost invisible to the eye.

I can't recognize that this gun has been re-blued. But it's obvious that at least the left grip plate isn't original to this gun because of the "Made in Germany" which can be seen at the bottom and on guns made in and after 1968 only. 1958 or 1959 may be a good guess for this gun.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
A proof is visible but the photos are too poor to tell much except that the gun is, as Balogh said, circa 1958-59.

M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Thank you for the help and confirmation of my guesses. The gun certainly was not re-blued. Year of manufacture 1958-59. I got a beautiful gun for funny money :) About 220 Euro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts