Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening guys
This is my first offical post. I hope someone can shed a little light on this rifle. I bought 20 years ago and still can not find out much about it.
Although its a sportmodell V, it is a multi shot with a five round clip every other I seen is a single shot. Also it's had a custom stock made sometime in its life with horn fore end, inlay on the sides and a good piece of wood also it came with see through mounts and an Ajack scope. Beautiful to shoot and well ballanced

Am I looking in the wrong pace or is it a One off custom build. Any info whould be great.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I don't know whether the 5-round magazine is original, but the stock is an obvious custom replacement. The Ajack scope suggests that somebody wanted a high-class .22 sporter. However, the "inlays" baffle me; what was the point?

M

·
Registered
818 Posts
I would doubt if the magazine was original. Can you provide a closer photo of the magazine, the action showing the fitting of the magazin and bolt/safety? The barrel is actually marked Sportmodell V? What is the serial number? Five digits with a suffix?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe
This is all the markings on the gun i can find and yes it is a sportmoell V as on the barrel. Plus pictures of the magazine.

Andrew

·
Registered
818 Posts
Interesting rifle. But to me, you have a rifle that was customized in England. It certainly has a trigger guard plate that was modified to take that magazine, whatever it was for. The cartridge tray in the breach was opened to allow the magazine. And the entire new rifle was served up in a custom stock. Is the magazine marked in any manner? Can you show a picture of it? Thanks for all the pictures.

Here the proofs and serial of a near-by Sportmodell V.

Attachments

Reactions: searcher451

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joe
There is no markings on the mag. But it's going to get a full clean at the week end so I'll see if there are any other markings.
Thank you
Andrew

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know whether the 5-round magazine is original, but the stock is an obvious custom replacement. The Ajack scope suggests that somebody wanted a high-class .22 sporter. However, the "inlays" baffle me; what was the point?

M
Your wrong I have the same gun, a friend has an old book stock was an option not many were sold due to the cost 5 shot magazine has 2 small locking tabs fitted to the gun talked to Earl Sheehan, Earles Walther in Virginia he has seen 2 in 50 plus years, all records were destroyed when Russians blew the plant up when they entered Germany

·
Registered
818 Posts
Elk72 closed his photobucket account showing the markings and the magazine, so perhaps you might show yours? His apparently was customized in England. And ask your friend for the title of his old book. Was it a US Stoeger catalog or an Akah or Geco catalog? I can see it being a possible option from Stoeger for US buyers, but I doubt it was Walther factory option. The Russians did blow up the plant after taking over from the US, but the fate of Walther records is uncertain. I personally doubt they would destroy anything with potential value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts