Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..first this is not about any advise I received on the Forum. This is an alert...I was having problems with my Interarms ppks about a month or so ago and was hoping someone here could direct me to a Walther gunsmith. Several were suggested. I chose M&M and spoke to him. "...no problem, send it.." I sent the gun, he kept it for about a month and returned it. I took it to the range and experienced the very same problem. I called him, he claimed he fixed it and fired it with several loads from different Manufactures. All I'm saying here is I would not recommend M&M personally. I hold no forum members responsible just passing on my experience to you....

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Sounds like he just wanted to shoot your gun :rolleyes: anyway, who is M&M and what problems are you experiencing?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Not sure I trust searcher as far as I could throw him.. its all one big scam :D

So since March, no resolution? Same problem?

May catch some flak (a recent thread arguing over work documentation) but did he tell you what exactly was repaired while it was in his possession?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Hi guys..first this is not about any advise I received on the Forum. This is an alert...I was having problems with my Interarms ppks about a month or so ago and was hoping someone here could direct me to a Walther gunsmith. Several were suggested. I chose M&M and spoke to him. "...no problem, send it.." I sent the gun, he kept it for about a month and returned it. I took it to the range and experienced the very same problem. I called him, he claimed he fixed it and fired it with several loads from different Manufactures. All I'm saying here is I would not recommend M&M personally. I hold no forum members responsible just passing on my experience to you....
As others have asked, did he outline exactly what work was performed and/or what parts were replaced?

You haven't mentioned whether this has happened with multiple brands of ammunition. The post by Roboslug below shows that the condition might be ammunition related - at least for him. It may be, that your pistol functioned properly while at M&M with the brands of ammunition M&M put through it.

I have had the same thing happen to my '96 SS Ranger PPK/S using S & B and PMC ammo. Using Rem 88 gr JHP and WWB 95 gr TC FMJ, both from Walmart, I have not ANY failures in the last 600 rounds. The safety thing is unnerving as it is annoying. I haven't seen a proven answer yet.
As previously outlined, the extractor chain/safety drum detents would be the first thing to look at, and if the assembly has been removed, cleaned, and possibly a new spring installed, there's likely nowhere else to go with this other than changing the brand of ammunition you use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after firing 4/5 rounds the "safety" slips down to the "no fire" safe position unless I hold it up with my thumb as I shoot. I explained that to Mike @ M & M on the phone when I called him.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
So let me walk thru this with you...inside range, cheap 9mm ammo...
after firing 4/5 rounds the "safety" slips down to the "no fire" safe position unless I hold it up with my thumb as I shoot. I explained that to Mike @ M & M on the phone when I called him.
...and has this has happened with multiple brands of ammunition, or just the "cheap 9mm ammo," you referred to in your original post?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, he did explain what he had done...after I called him, when I received the gun back there was nothing with the gun explaining what he had done, I had to email him and ask, he sent this.." Initial inspection showed safety/decocker very soft and easily disengaged from the off (fire) position. I disassembled and found extractor spring to have partially collapsed saafety/decocker detent nose worn and flat and satety/decocker notch with slight groove cut from safety/decocker detent. I replaced extractor spring, reshaped safety/decocker detent and cut safety/decocker notch more better engagement with detent. I checked release piece to be sure it was not contacting safety/decocker or slide during recoil causing safety/decocker to fall. I test fired 4 magazines of various ammo (some factory, some handloads) without failure" that was the email I received from him when I asked what he had done. I emailed him stating nothing had changed and the safety still falls...his reply was " I'm sorry to hear, i will call later today to discuss"..he never called. I pretty much lost faith..and $90.00 bucks and decided to shelf the gun. Then decided I owed this Forum this report.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My next step would be to...

1. Pick up a couple of boxes of another brand of ammunition (PRVI-Partisan, Fiocchi, Winchester White Box...)
  2. Try them out
  3. Post your findings here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts