Walther Forums banner

Unknowingly I bought a probably rare variant of the P5 compact.

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  GeMor 
#1 · (Edited)
According to a statement by forum member DennisV, my P5 compact with serial number 150801 is the last one produced and delivered by Walther with OEM wooden grips. In addition, it has the bottom magazine holder, which is rare for a P5 compact as well. Also, it is in almost mint condition.
I paid 300 euros minus 50 euros for my old S & W M60, so a total of 250 euros.
What do you estimate about the price of this P5 compact in the USA?

#2 ·
According to a statement by forum member DennisV, my P5 compact with serial number 150801 is the last one produced and sold by Walther with OEM wooden grips. In addition, it has the bottom magazine holder, which is rare for a P5 compact as well. Also, it is in almost mint condition.
I paid 300 euros minus 50 euros for my old S & W M60, so a total of 250 euros.
What do you estimate about the price of this P5 compact in the USA?

There's one on Gunbroker going for $9500. That's more expensive than a P5 Lang, so the value is questionable. Definitely rare. Really envious of the price you got it for.

#3 ·
You might want to see what this sells for.......

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/845369211

I would think it sells at ~$3000 tops.

That $9500 P5C is an "asking price" with a "make an offer" option. IMHO, the seller has the "asking price" high to avoid lowball offers.

Reactions: 98530
#4 · (Edited)
Realy???
I should consider to export it to the USA. LOL
Anybody interested to buy it? :D
I wait for bids... LOOL
BTW The linked P5 compact is exactly the same one as my one.
But I don't have the original box, also not the instruction.
There's a second original magazin and the "target paper" (I don't know the correct English word) from Walther, where the shooting performance was tested by Walther.

#15 ·
Coincidentally, I just saw your possible purchase request.
If you have a good offer to buy, why not?
But you would have to take on all the stuff with the formalities of selling a weapon from Germany to the USA. It would be best to find a dealer for that in Germany.
Perhaps the forum member DeutschlandUberAlles can give advice on this, because I know from contributions from him that he has already acquired weapons from Germany.

One more note:
When I bought the P5c, the following accessories were included and and would be included in the event of a sale as well::
German operating instructions - but for the P5 and not the P5 compact (I don't know the reason for that - technically both are identical)
original test target,
advertising flyer in German and English for the P5 compact.
The original box was not included.

P.S. GeMor = GMork
I had my forum account GMork deactivated for a special reason and by that the administration changed my old nickname GMork to the number 98530.
For another special reason I registered once again with the nickname GeMor. But after that I very rarely participate in the forum
If you prefer, we can continue any further contact through PM or private e-mai

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.