Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently created quite a stir in this section with P #179198, select fire experimental.

Lets try again......my PPk has Eva Hitlers initials engraved in the forestrap.!!!!!! Thats Eva now, Eva.

I doubt this one does all that. This is 408116k, Eagle commercial proof. I know of another similar PPk someone sent me a link to.....it is 408x17k or 408x15k. It is also gold wash & has white grips but no presentation (initials) that I can recall. I can no longer find it......does anyone here know of the gold wash pistol? Anyone know (know of) John Raum, Ohio??? When I first showed this pistol to him 20 years ago, he found it in some printouts he had. Told me it was one of 15 known from that group of pistols. I dont have all of Rankins books, so I dont know if he has it listed. I once offered to take it to him.........didnt work out.

Anyway, she is calling......so......

PJH

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
I didn't see your post from two years ago looking for those two guns, but then you provided your PPK serial number as 408116K.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/76074-trying-find-ppk-408117k-408115k.html

You didn't provide any images then, but looking in my image files I found some photos take back in 2007 that are a bit better than those you just posted. And I really can't make out the EB. I had the file identified as the serial number CH, but it looks not like a BH or HB. But not an EB.

I have the list you mention that Raum was talking about, but I haven't found it. I do have 408111K listed and it is nicely engraved and was auctioned with attribution to Herman Göring. It was discussed on this forum a few years ago. I will try and find some reference to the 408115K and 408117K that you mention.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good morning all,
The assumption that "EH" stands for "Eva Hitler" is a bit daring, as this lady was "Eva Braun" until Hitler married her at the very last moment before their suicide. I doubt whether there was enought time in between their marrige and death to have a pistol engraved!
Best wishes.
Dieter.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Good morning all,
The assumption that "EH" stands for "Eva Hitler" is a bit daring, as this lady was "Eva Braun" until Hitler married her at the very last moment before their suicide. I doubt whether there was enought time in between their marrige and death to have a pistol engraved!
Best wishes.
Dieter.
Good eyes Dieter. My eyesight yesterday was affected by that chemical in turkey that makes one sleepy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good morning all,
Best wishes.
Dieter.

Exactly what I thought about reading

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gents, I have been locked out of this forum by some sort of a user name glitch since I made the "Eva Hitler" remark. This new format enabled me to re-register. Apparently some took the "Eva Hitler" comment seriously..........and I should have expected that.

It didnt not occur to me that the comment would be taken in any other context than facetiousness. To be honest, I thought her name was Ava. No matter, I am not laboring under the illusion that this gun was hers or even remotely connected. At one time, I exchanged with a fellow on the west coast who had engraved PPk several numbers up or down from this one with initialed grips. He felt the "EH" could have been a person he referred to as Dr. Erich Hessler.??? I can come up with no way to document such a person or his possible connection with this pistol.

My apologies........ if this clears the air to some degree, and any one is interested, I have recently acquired a 90 safety pistol locally.

PJH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts