Walther Forums banner

741 - 760 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I took my PPQ out of my holster while sitting in the truck. Bucket seats. Stealthgear OWB Flex holster used. PPQ M2 4" 9 mm. When I put the gun in a center console holster to keep secure while I went into the hospital to get some test done I didn't notice anything wrong or unusual at that time. I didn't hear anything as I was wearing some Samsung Level ear bugs and playing music though my Bluetooth of my smartphone.

When I returned to the truck and retrieved my gun I noticed that the magazine was missing. Now I have to search though all the nooks and crannies of my truck's seat and behind the truck seat to see if the magazine fell out. It might have come out and into my lap and then fell out of the truck when I got out of the truck. Someone else may have found it as I didn't see anything on the ground next to my driver side door when I got back to the truck. So it's still in my truck or someone else found it on the parking lot. I traced my steps back home and looked on the driveway at home and in the grass next to the edge of the driveway to see if it fell out there. No luck.

Now a few days before this all happened I was playing with the gun and remember checking the trigger bar to see where it interfaced with other parts on the gun. I had to have taken the magazine out and the bullet out of the chamber before taking the slide off the gun. And I found a magazine just like the one I had lost in my shooting bag. I have three PPQ magazines now left. I can't remember if I left it out of the gun and in the bag and never noticed it was missing until I got back in the truck that day or what.

I posted about this the other day but didn't see my post in here today and figured it was either deleted or moved down or put in this pinned thread. So I'm reposting this again.

I want to make sure that the magazine doesn't fall out of my PPQ now that it's happened to me.

I bought some cheap magazine holders and was using them. They clip on the belt and when I was getting in and out of my truck the magazines with all the bullets in them were falling out of the mag holder on my belt. I heard them hit the sidewalk or concrete when I was not wearing my music head set. But when I'm wearing the head set and listening to music I can't hit them falling onto the concrete and don't know that they are falling out. I had to stop using those cheap mag holder as they were not retaining my mag.

I found and recovered my lost magazine. It fell out in my truck when I was sitting in the drivers seat taking my pistol out of my stealtgear Flex OWB holster while seated. I must have hit the mag release button somehow and the mag fell out and wedged between the Passenger seat and the center console. I'm just glad that I recovered the mag and all the bullets. Now I will have to watch out for any more accidental magazine releases. If this happens again I'll get a stronger spring and put it in the mag release button thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I talked to a walther rep (email) and he said the PPQ m2 in 9mm still does not ship with a stiffer mag release spring. To those that have asked walther for a spring, how easy is it to install? I'm only used to disassembling glocks lol.

Most likely, the M1 is the better edition.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I talked to a walther rep (email) and he said the PPQ m2 in 9mm still does not ship with a stiffer mag release spring. To those that have asked walther for a spring, how easy is it to install? I'm only used to disassembling glocks lol.

Most likely, the M1 is the better edition.
very easy. Took 5 minutes. You can see it done here:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Has anyone had this issue after putting a stiffer spring in? I put a stiffer spring in mine but also set the mag release back up for a right handed person (Im a lefty) and use my middle finger for mag releases, so all my pistols would be setup the same.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone had this issue after putting a stiffer spring in? I put a stiffer spring in mine but also set the mag release back up for a right handed person (Im a lefty) and use my middle finger for mag releases, so all my pistols would be setup the same.

Thanks!
my issues went away with the stronger mag release spring.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Like I said earlier in this thread, I installed a new spring in my M2 and didn't have a problem afterwards. However it still made me feel a bit uneasy so I permanently fixed it by buying an M1 and selling the M2. :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
very easy. Took 5 minutes. You can see it done here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHmBzMadUw
Nice video. It could use a brighter light to help see the black parts against the black pistol and the black background. The dark colors make it hard for these tired OLD eyes to see what you did. But you did a great job of explaining what you were doing which helped me learn to do this.

I need to put in a stronger spring as my magazine keeps falling out of my gun while it's in the holster on my right hip at 4 O'clock OWB. This has happened to me TWO times now and it's time to get this problem fixed sooner rather than later. That's why I came in here to read this thread again.

I was lucky both times in that the magazine fell out of my Stealthgear Flex OWB holster while inside my Truck and again inside my 1972 Cadillac. Both my Nissan Truck and the Caddy have different types of seats too. The Nissan has bucket type seats with a center console in between the two seats. The caddy has a long bench seat. Something is pushing the button down and allowing the magazines to fall out of the Walther's PPQ M2 4" pistol and it's while I'm seated in the truck I presume. As that's where I'm finding the magazines after they fell out of the pistol. I noticed them missing from the pistol as soon as I took the pistol out of the holster on my belt and try to put it into another holster that I have velcroed onto the side of my Truck's Center Console area. I keep the pistol in an Uncle Mike's soft inside the pants Size 5 holster that I glued and stapled some industrial Velcro onto the outside of the holster. That way I can remove the holster and replace it with a smaller Uncle Mikes Inside the Pant holster for my little Ruger LC9S Pro Pistol. The industrial Velcro that holds the two holsters on my console is glued to the center console's driver's side is applied with some rubber cement that I had laying around the house. I added a little acetone to the glue to help replace the solvents that evaporate out of the glue bottle over time. That way I can keep the glue around longer. And it's good stuff. It's a contact type glue that I brush onto both parts and then let both parts glue dry for 15 minutes to one hour and then when I stick the two parts back together they are glued together instantly. While I let them cure overnight to make sure that they are glued on tight. I cleaned the spot where the Velcro is going to be glued onto with some regular alcohol and an old cotton T-shirt. That's the key to making this system work. No bolts or screws are needed and it's quick and easy to change out the two different holsters when I'm carrying two different guns at different times.

Now I need to fix that damn spring. The factory should use stronger springs IMHO. This is a big problem for me now.

What's the phone number for Walther? I need to call them and get a new stronger spring for the PPQ M2 4" 9 mm pistol.

I bought a new PPQ M2 Sub Compact and have not noticed if the spring on the mag release is stronger than on the origional PPQ M2 4" 9 mm that I own. The SC is brand new as I got it in Oct of 2019 from my local gun store. The PPQ M2 4" 9 mm is about 4 years old now.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Like I said earlier in this thread, I installed a new spring in my M2 and didn't have a problem afterwards. However it still made me feel a bit uneasy so I permanently fixed it by buying an M1 and selling the M2. :D
I have a Umarex CPSport licensed by Walthers CO2 Semi Auto Pistol. This gun is modeled after one of the Walther's pistols. It has the M1 style magazine release button on the trigger guard like the Walther's PPQ M1 style pistols.

I can tell you that on my CPSport Pistol the magazine releases the CO2 cartridge and the holder which is a very nice setup. Except that the release it hard to get to and it's very stiff and hard to press down on. And I have to use my left hand thumb while holding the pistol in my right hand. There is no way I could release the magazine while holding the pistol with only one hand. (right hand). My right thumb won't reach that far. This is the main reason why I went with the M2 type magazine release on my PPQ Pistol.

I can reach the M2's magazine release on the Pistols LEFT Side easily with my Right hand's Thumb while holding the pistol with my strong hand (right hand). I point both my thumbs at the target and not Down so they never touch the magazine release button until I'm ready to push the button with my right hand's thumb and release the magazine out of the gun. And I don't do that very often unless I'm at the rifle ranges practicing shooting. Still I end up only using one magazine most of the time. I guess I'm not wanting to get the other three PPQ magazines that I own dirty and having to clean them. I don't like cleaning guns all the time. And I clean my guns every time right after I use them. I'm obsessive like that I guess. Because if I don't do that I would never clean them. And since they are new toys to me I want to keep them clean as the day I got them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a Umarex CPSport licensed by Walthers CO2 Semi Auto Pistol. This gun is modeled after one of the Walther's pistols. It has the M1 style magazine release button on the trigger guard like the Walther's PPQ M1 style pistols.

I can tell you that on my CPSport Pistol the magazine releases the CO2 cartridge and the holder which is a very nice setup. Except that the release it hard to get to and it's very stiff and hard to press down on. And I have to use my left hand thumb while holding the pistol in my right hand. There is no way I could release the magazine while holding the pistol with only one hand. (right hand). My right thumb won't reach that far. This is the main reason why I went with the M2 type magazine release on my PPQ Pistol.

I can reach the M2's magazine release on the Pistols LEFT Side easily with my Right hand's Thumb while holding the pistol with my strong hand (right hand). I point both my thumbs at the target and not Down so they never touch the magazine release button until I'm ready to push the button with my right hand's thumb and release the magazine out of the gun. And I don't do that very often unless I'm at the rifle ranges practicing shooting. Still I end up only using one magazine most of the time. I guess I'm not wanting to get the other three PPQ magazines that I own dirty and having to clean them. I don't like cleaning guns all the time. And I clean my guns every time right after I use them. I'm obsessive like that I guess. Because if I don't do that I would never clean them. And since they are new toys to me I want to keep them clean as the day I got them.
The CPSport CO2 pistol reminds me a lot of the PPQ pistol from Walthers. Even the trigger guard is similar and then there is a space under the front of the gun to mount a light or something. Only there is only one slot in the space under the front bottom of the gun. Where as the PPQ pistol had more slots on that area. Picatinny Rail Section on the Guns. Even the bottom of the CPSport Gun looks like the bottom of the PPQ where the gun's magazine sits in the gun. Umarex did a good job of copying that gun from Walther's. It's probably why I fell in love with the PPQ the second I saw it in the gun store and picked it up and handled it. It felt familiar the first time I held it. I bought it on the spot. And this was my first hand gun purchase in my life. I had shot other people's CO2 pistols in the past, I shot many a shot gun over my life time. And I shot a few high powered rifles in the past too. I owned a Remington Model 660 in 222 caliber and shot that gun a lot in the past. I own a Ruger Semi Automatic Model 10/22 rifle and have shot that a lot over the years. Just never owned a real pistol before I got the PPQ. Then I did a lot more research online and by reading magazine reviews in magazines and decided to buy the little Ruger LC9S Pro. It's a great little pistol and easier to conceal that the larger PPQ. But I like to carry the PPQ now that I found a good holster for it at SteathgearUSA.com. I will continue to carry my PPQ once I get the magazine release button's spring fixed.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #753
The other day I saw a nice Navy PPQ in the used case for a good price at my LGS. I looked and it and sure enough the mag button when pressed slowly down would stick half way in. So I passed it up. I did not want to deal with another unintentional mag release problem.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The Classic (M1) is the way to go if you ask me when it comes to the Q, but I had a P99 first. No issues with the buttons on my PPXs or my PPS M2.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I played with both a PPQ M2 and a Q5 at the LGS recently, and both appear to me to have stronger mag catch springs in them than what mine had. I guess after denying there was a problem for many years they quietly upgraded the springs without saying a word. All the gun manufacturers out there seem to be picking up bad habits from Glock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also just recently purchased a PPQ M2 4 and it seems they have stronger mag release springs. Had no issues with the mag release at the range.

741 - 760 of 795 Posts