Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was at the shooting range for a session of bowling pin shooting with my P99 AS (great fun !)

However I noticed that on one occasion I shot an unintentional double tap. This has never happened to me before. I know that the P99 AS has an extremely short trigger reset and my P99 was (and still is) in 100 % condition, so I'm definitively to blame (no harm done though). Should I be worried ? Is this to be considered as the result of a state of mind (stress) and how to avoid this in the future (during rapid firing) ? Maybe I should work on my manual of arms or shooting technique ?

Thanks for the feedback. :(

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Should I be worried ?
No. Several here on this forum have experienced the same thing. I shoot USPSA and on mor than one occasion I have bump fired a "double-tap."

Is this to be considered as the result of a state of mind (stress) and how to avoid this in the future (during rapid firing) ? Maybe I should work on my manual of arms or shooting technique ?
Stress or excitement, either or but the only way to overcome this is to practice, practice and more practice....remember in the shooting sports, "slow is smooth and smooth is fast."

·
Registered
525 Posts
Practice more, make a conscious effort to hold the trigger back during recoil, get your front sight back on target, release til reset, and fire again.

·
Registered
539 Posts
This has happened a few times to me as well. I've been concerned that maybe the trigger isn't always resetting 'enough', causing the double tap. So far only 3 times out of thousands of rounds fired though so I'm not that worried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts