Walther Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
I once frequented the original ElsiePea forum, now Ruger something. I bought two of these pistols. The first one I fired over 4,000 times without a single stoppage or issue. Factory ammo. As I recall there were about three threads regarding pistols that blew up in the shooters hands. I don't remember the details now but I was pretty amazed that in each instance, while the pistol was destroyed, the shooter's hand survived with nothing more serious than a good sting. Which always made me wonder....do the engineers in any way try to design a pistol so that a blow out is directed away from the shooter. Pretty small pistol not to be injured with. I took detailed photos of mine at 4K rounds so that wear patterns could be seen. Never a failure of any kind. These could once be purchased for $150. 1917

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
1917, if memory serves as a former ElsiePea guy myself, the usual failure was the frame rails, but it was infrequent. Some guys, like yourself, prided themselves about the number of rounds pounded thru' the little dears...and sometimes the round count was pretty amazing! Especially so, since ol' Elsie really isn't much fun to shoot.
Have to wonder if the case support issues were the result of bubba-smithing; someone heard that their LCP would 'feed better' if the bottom of the chamber were attacked with a dremel. Usually the darn things just run, tho' my LCP II has not been quite as stellar.
Back to Trailblazer; how about shooting some rounds, and send pictures of the expended brass? Then perhaps we can give you more assurance, or not.
Moon

Reactions: Trailblazer_32

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone,

I called up Interarms . . . .

Interarms, the Walther PPK and PPK/S importer and later MFG under license, has been out of business for years, gone the way of DoDo, That feed ramp and chamber does not look good from the pictures, but without seeing in person, that's my assessment. I wouldn't shoot it until you can get it looked at. Cavet Emptor with gun smiths as there are hacks and gun smiths. Ball is about the only cartridge that will feed reliably in the PKK and PPK/S. Finding a JHP that feeds reliably is test, fail, fix, test drill.

You might try Earl's Repair Shop, assuming he'll even look at it, and if he does it likely won't be cheap. There is a gun smith in Anniston, AL that worked at Interams when they were in business. I can't recall his name, but I'm sure a search here would come up with it. Slide and Cylinder does work on the PPK and PPK/S, while I've read good reviews, I have never talked to anyone who had their pistol work done by them. I'm not sure they could repair, but they have various packages to improve performance and aesthetics. Might be worth a call to see if they could restore the feed ramp and chamber..

As a matter of convenience, you can, under federal law, ship a firearm direct to a gun smith using a commercial carrier, UPS, FEDX, and they can ship direct back to you. Just make sure you follow their rules which are on their Web sites. You generally cannot mail a firearm using USPS and then only under certain conditions. Of course this is not possible if you live in a state that has laws prohibiting the shipping of firearm or some other onerous BS. .

21 - 23 of 23 Posts