Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here use or have ever used umc ammo in all green box, flat nose enclosed base with a little exposed lead at the tip? how are the primers,do they ignite reliably? how are the cases,does the extracter grip the rim reliably? is the velocity what they say it is? any problems at all?

any and all responce appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
231 Posts
UMC Ammunition

I have used UMC ammunition in 9 MM, 40 S&W and 45 ACP.

There have been no problems with failure to feed, failure to fire, failure to extract. In my experience it has less recoil/kick than the CCI Blazer or even Winchester white box. I actually prefer UMC over the other two above brands for plinking and target shooting.

However, all of the UMC ammunition I have used has been FMJ type, not an exposed led nose.

Hope this helped...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks,i have never used it before for target practise and it is on sale locally.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have fired a fair amount of UMC. It always goes bang and can sometimes be found at bargin prices. Its fairly dirty. Lots cleaning required after shooting this stuff.

Out West

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Softnosed bullets in generic target ammo seems odd. Are you sure you're not looking at somebody's reloads?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have shot about 800 rounds of new UMC 9mm thru my Steyr and about 500 .380 thru my PPK with no problems. Have not run into the soft nose variety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts