Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been generally unimpressed with Umarex air guns. The only one I like is the CP99. It's fairly realistic, shoots well, and is accurate. But it still feels like a toy.

Then I got the PPS. This gun is so good it's scary. It is so realistic I thought I'd left my real gun laying on the desk. Even picking it up I had to double check. Build-wise the PPS is solid. Unlike my other Umarex guns, this one has the build quality of a real Walther. My first CP99 self-destructed within a couple of months and the replacement felt loosey goosey since day one. This baby is solid and smooth working.

Accuracy-wise it's not as good as the CP99, but the CP99 is ridiculously accurate. The PPS is still pretty darn good.

The safety on the PPS is on the trigger, a small button you push in or out. Not at all like the thumb ripping lever on the CP99. Since the real PPS doesn't have a safety, hiding it in with the trigger works well.

And the best part is price. You can get one for less than $65. I have air guns that cost nearly what I've paid for real guns and they're not as nice as this little PPS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds good. We can't shoot real guns in my valley, so we ave to either go to the hils or shoot airsoft.

I shoot about 650 BBs or pellets per week. Very little cleanup!

Love the PPK/s and the P-38. Miss my old PPS 9mm, so might go for the

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Four years later. I just bought two on a close out (I guess they are discontinuing for the M2 version). Shoots great and is all that the OP claims. I will also use it to kill flies cleanly without the magazine in. Get about 2" away from the fly, and it knocks them out without making a mess. Then just step on them, or finish them off with a piece of tissue, etc, while lying on the floor.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Four years later. I just bought two on a close out (I guess they are discontinuing for the M2 version). Shoots great and is all that the OP claims. I will also use it to kill flies cleanly without the magazine in. Get about 2" away from the fly, and it knocks them out without making a mess. Then just step on them, or finish them off with a piece of tissue, etc, while lying on the floor.

I usually just grab the fly by his legs and with an itsy bitsy little syringe inject a small drop of mix of vodka and my secret ingredient (also vodka) right between their little eyes, so they pass out and can then be safely disposed of.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hate that I missed that! I've seen what they were going for, and wish I'd known in time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts