Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
The CO2 P99 and the GBB PPQ are not really comparable. They're made by different companies, shoot different projectiles (metal bbs vs plastic airsoft ones), and use different gas sources. That said, the PPQ is a nice gun and is easy to find. It even comes in a few different colors (black, tan, blue, and pink). I haven't tried to upgrade one yet, but it works fairly well out of the box.

Personally, I don't like the CO2 P99 because it's DAO and does not use full size magazines. It does seem to be a good value for the money, however, and any trigger time (even DAO) is better than nothing. :) There is a GBB P99 that replicates the DA/SA trigger and has full size magazines, but it's expensive now and difficult to find. I've posted this before, but if you missed it, here's some pictures of my (highly modified) GBB P99c.

GBB P99c

edit: I confused the DAO P99 with the CP99. The DAO P99 does indeed shoot plastic airsoft bbs. The CP99 shoots metal bbs. However, the DAO P99 is still in a different class than the PPQ and DA/SA P99 with regards to its function (hopup and magazine).

·
Registered
102 Posts
No, VFC makes the PPQ with an Umarex license agreement. Similarly, Maruzen makes many other Walther/Umarex branded guns (including the DA/SA P99). I would have to look up who the OEM for the DAO P99 is, but I know it's not either of those companies.

Umarex handles all the warranty stuff regardless of the OEM. Who the OEM is can make a difference for things like the quality of the internal parts, the mechanism the gun uses to fire, and compatibility with parts/upgrades from other guns.

For example, Maruzen is based in Japan and sells its products there as well as overseas. Because Japan has laws which are more strict than many other countries, airsoft guns originating there often shoot with less power and have more plastic components than guns originating in China or Taiwan. Therefore the PPQ is generally considered better out of the box than the DA/SA P99. The DAO P99 is likely from China and so like the PPQ, shoots at a higher velocity.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's the VFC oem gun. It comes in a few different colors now (black, tan, pink, blue, grey).

It is probably the best stock Walther replica on the market currently. Parts and magazines are readily available domestically.

Technically it is recommended to use Green Gas to power it, which is a propane and silicon oil mix. It is possible to use propane alone and manually lubricate the gun with the silicon oil.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Anybody have one or try one?
Looks pretty cool and a possible indoor/basement training tool.
Watched a few videos today and they were all positive.
Apparently, you can break off a small tab and then select semi/full auto...:D

https://www.umarexusa.com/Guntype-Brand/Air-Pistols-Walther/Walther-PPQ-GBB-Black.html
The low FPS is what gets me. Wish the Feet per second was faster. I have a real 9 mm Walther's PPQ M2 and I love this gun. I also the Walther's CPSport Pellet Pistol and I like the way it had the drop in CO2 cartridge holder which I recently replaced as it finally started to leak after about 5 or 6 years after I got the gun. I now have two of these CO2 holders. Why did they make a change to the way the CO2 fits into the gun?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts