Walther Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Well, I unbit the bullet and picked up an M4 carbine model a couple of days ago from a nearby gun shop that was selling them for $499. I thought that price was more than reasonable, and I couldn't resist once I picked the thing up and sighted down the line. Not sure when I can get it out for a test-drive, but must admit to being more than curious about how it will perform. They sure are good looking; hope it works equally well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great Price!

That is the lowest price I have heard of for the rifle! You got a great deal. This weeks Shotgun News gave it a great write up. I don't own one yet, but the more I hear, the more I want one!

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Yup. I thought the price was too good to pass up, even though this wasn't at the top of my wish-for list. Here's a link to the dealer and the deal, in the event that you want to go for one at that price yourself:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14763

The owner of this shop, Jack, is a good guy who is easy to deal with and most accommodating.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Uh, Walther isn't building these rifles, they are MARKETING rifles built by Colt. Big difference. And I'm NOT a Colt fan. They don't make anything in the rifle, they purchase parts & assemble them. The parts must be Mil-spec qualified. But, you cannot take a Colt lower and add another manufactures upper. Pin holes Ar different size. SO, I guess that makes a Colt a NON MIL-SPEC rifle. I'll pass & keep on shooting my array of Ar's with my Ciner 22 conversion kit I got for $139 years ago with 30 round mag. No failure to feeds or failure to ejects EVER. Ammo that has bad primer, yes but that's been it thru 10K rounds!
Colt AR-15 pinholes changed to standard size over a decade ago.
I have eary ones with the pain in the ass oversized screw and modern M-4 models with standard push out take down pins.

·
Registered
529 Posts
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." _ Attributed variously to Benjamin Franklin, Robert Heinlein, James Bovard, R.H. Tawney, Thomas Jefferson, Isaac Asimov, Larry Flynt, Stephen King, Max Blake ... and others

Also attributed to Moms Mabley:D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I didn't find that in my research, but I'll be sure to add Moms. Always liked Moms. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I picked this .22LR Carbine up today at Gander Mt and I cant wait to take her to the range. They are going for $599 at gander Mt and I got a 5% for military discount. They are offered in an M16 and M4 Ops (with front pictinny tactical rail) as well. I had my eye on the Ops version as the front tactical rail cost $130 on its own, but they only had a display model. I do not go that route with rimfires as many hands have been on it. Any how I am gonna slap a red dot on her and take it to the range tomorrow. Will update with a range report. Here are some more pics if you all have not seen one upclose.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got over to the indoor range today. I was very impressed and it only took about 10 minutes to zero the iron sights in. I had so much fun similar to getting my first speedmaster back in the day. I ran 300 rounds of Federal Blue box Champion 40gr and only had (1) FTF. I posted two targets shot at 25Y, the tightest groups were seated, the other was standing without a sling. You can see a little walk with rapid fire. I have included some more pics of the inside, the website has a great tutorial for field stripping. I used a boresnake to clean and it was pretty easy.

The magazines load very easily and the feel is sturdy. The only funky thing is the 180 degree safety. My thumb is not that long so rotating the whole 180 is not ergonomic. There is a detent at 90 degrees and the the trigger will not pull. So I will use this in the future, others should follow manufactures specs.

Great day.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
That's a terrific post with great pictures, Roggom. Thanks for sharing your fun day at the range. I can't wait to get mine out ... one more thing that needs a good workout before the snow starts to fly.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The threads disappear after a time if no fresh posts are made, which is the reason why this one went away. It's back now, however. Post away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to buy .308 lower rifles from online sites. But the site owner asked me to get a FFL permission card; I don’t have much idea about FFL organization. Do I really have to get it a permission letter from FFL, can’t they just give me .308 lower rifle. I need it for deer hunting.

gun manufacturers

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The online dealer you are purchasing the part from must, via federal law, send it to the holder of a Federal Firearms License, or FFL; he can't send it directly to you. You'll need to find a dealer in your area who will accept the transfer. Be sure to ask about the fee associated with the transfer; it will vary from dealer to dealer.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts