Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
New here but have been a collector of Walther blank firing replicas in the UK for over 35 years
I hope this allows me a little space on this forum 😁
You may be aware we are not allowed the real thing in the UK, so a good quality blank firing replica is as close as it comes for us Brits, unfortunately!!
Have made a new post about a particularly special blank firing p99 limited edition I have, but wanted to be polite, as us Brits always try to be, and say hello to everyone as quick as possible

·
Registered
26 Posts
Many years ago I lived in East Anglia. Where do you reside?

Small world! I used to live in East Anglia! Now in Texas too. I am originaly from London, but grew up in Australia and Ireland. But hometown UK is Huntingdon!

Left the UK before Dunblane and I remember the days when we could own real pistols and not the deact's and blanks of today!

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
I know Huntingdon well, from when the R.A.F. had a base there. They used to give us fits over at R.A.F. Lakenheath with their SID 3 departure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys. I live in the County of Shropshire in the UK. In a place called Telford, a new town, built around the historical Ironbridge and famous for being the birthplace of Industry around the world.
Whilst being a new town of shopping centres, restaurants and bowling alleys etc, it still boasts some beautiful fantastic rural scenery, as does most of the county.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
I've never been to that area of the U.K., but I have been a couple of hours west of there, in TheVillage, a.k.a., Portmeirion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know Huntingdon well, from when the R.A.F. had a base there. They used to give us fits over at R.A.F. Lakenheath with their SID 3 departure.

There was RAF Brampton, RAF Wyton, RAF (USAF) Alconbury all around the area. In the '70's it was cold war heaven for aviation enthusiasts, Vulcans and Victors, English Electric Lightnings, F4 Phantoms, F111's, Canberras, Jaguars, and more!

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
I recall R.A.F. Alconbury quite well. We used to get their aircraft into Lakenheath on occasion. Worked a few Vulcans in my day, as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts