Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darn. My very first post on Walther forums (but not my first Walther), and it's a plea for help. :eek:
After a great first-time range experience (see target photo below), now at home and just finished cleaning the gun. Disassembly no problem. Reassembly a problem: Slide will not reinstall beyond the point arrowed in the other photo.
Thoughts? ...something to do with the hammer position?
:confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
One of the YouTube personalities has to pull the trigger forward on their PPS M2 to get the slide on all the way. I dont know how similar the trigger assemblies are. Give that a shot.

Note I do not have to do that with my PPS M2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manual? What manual?!?

Did you read the manual? :)
Darn (again)! If ONLY I had READ the manual. :rolleyes:
Um... No.
I thought I'd wait and catch the movie. ;)

But seriously, yes, I did read the manual. First thing actually; even before disassembling. No help for this particular phenomena though. (As a software/hardware technical writer, I always enjoy perusing someone else's efforts at translating technical processes to common language. Some are more successful than others. This Walther manual is not a bad example.)

The good news is I just now finally managed to get the slide installed. Don't know if it helped, but I was applying a little forward pressure on the trigger, a little upward pressure on the slide lock, a little clockwise pressure on the takedown lever at the six o'clock position, and whistling Dixie while standing on one foot, and then VOILA! It slid home. Problem solved, but now I don't know what the hang-up was, or which of those magic voodoo moves made it happen. But, all's well that ends well, eh?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Problem solved, but now I don't know what the hang-up was, or which of those magic voodoo moves made it happen. But, all's well that ends well, eh?
Take it apart again, and figure it out. Just don't force anything. It is unlikely you will hurt it.

Obviously, something is hanging up and until you do it over and over again, you won't know what that something is.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts