Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scratch two more off my 2008 wish list. Okay, they weren't even on the list, but they should have been. One is a Steyr-Hahn 1912 9mm Steyr. The other is a Benelli B76. I've always wanted the Steyr and I just recently learned about the Benelli, a unique gun that is said to be extremely accurate. I will be picking the Steyr up at my FFL today, and hopefully the Benelli as well.

Anyone have any experience with either of these guns?

Q

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I have both.

M
Let me re-phrase that :) Anyone have any experiences or advice with either that they can share?

Q

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Let me re-phrase that :) Anyone have any experiences or advice with either that they can share?

Q
Yes. But I get paid to write books. If you want specific experiences or specific advice you'll have to be more specific about what you are asking.

M

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes. But I get paid to write books. If you want specific experiences or specific advice you'll have to be more specific about what you are asking.

M
Yes, I get paid to write as well, but this is a forum for the sharing of information and opinions. If you cannot anticipate what would be useful information for someone who has just acquired two such guns then your silence is appreciated. Your attitude is not.

Sheesh.

Q

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The sharing of what information or what opinion?

Well, let's count just a FEW of the ways. You MIGHT be asking about, or have NO interest in:

Disassembly
Shooting quality
Handling procedure
System of operation
Markings
Design
Original Finish
Usage history
Import history
Handloading for
Parts availability
Value
Years of manufacture
Modifications

Or maybe all of the above, or maybe none of the above. Attitude? Yes, I have an attitude: I don't have much patience with people who think that a substitute for reading a book is to jump on the internet, make a vague, open-ended inquiry, and expect others to anticipate their desires and spoon feed them all sorts of information that maybe they wanted and maybe they didn't.

If you have a specific question, ask it. If not, try a library. WHB Smith, Pistols & Revolvers, or Ezell, Handguns of the World have whole chapters on the Steyr-Hahn. The 38th Edition of Gun Digest, 1984, has an excellent article by the late Don Simmons on the Benelli.

M

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once again....sheesh. If you have no patience for someone who asks an open-ended question in search of knowledge in an effort not to limit responses, then please put me on your ignore list. That type of question is asked on newsgroups time and time again and only leads to a discusssion where people share their experiences and people learn and pass on their firsthand experiences. That isn't always found in your books and in the library.

If you have no patience for it, then ignore it, but I will continue to ask open-ended questions when I feel that they best serve my needs by bringing to me a wide range of information from people whose opinions I value.

Q

·
Registered
765 Posts
You are going to love the Benelli. The fixed barrel makes almost anyone look like a champ. A true target gun. And the grip angle makes it point naturally. I carry my B-82 9x18U in a vertical shoulder holster.

If you need instructions on how to field-strip it, let me know. I could fax them to you.

Btw, the screw behind the trigger, don't touch it. Factory-set. Mind you, I've tinkered with mine but don't do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts