Walther Forums banner

Two....I mean 3 new additions to my P5 Collection

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  DeutschlandUberAlles 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

It's been some time since my last post. I was busy in so many ways.

Not least chasing Walther guns around. And this is the result.

Two Walther P5 Compact, both with heel magazine release.

The one with smooth wood grips is ex-police issue.
The other, with checkered wood grips is civilian, little shot.

Both came with original, matching box.

I also acquired a P5 blank frame, makes an interesting item in my collection.

Enjoy. Feel free to comment and ask.

Cheers.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure what attracted me to the P5. When they first came out, I was pretty fascinated by them. Out of the box semi-autos were a very iffy proposition back then. Accuracy and reliability were typically something the owner had to deal with after buying the gun.

Original reports on the P5 seemed to indicate that it had those two attributes albeit at a staggering retail price ( or so it seemed to me then). I think it was about double a Colt Python at the time.

Ten or so years ago when I decided to return to shooting, I got a Walther P22 and shortly after decided I wanted a centerfire. Ran across the P5 again but found quite a few I could actually afford. When you get a little successful, you always want to buy the stuff you couldn't afford when you weren't so I bought a P5.

Turned out to be one of those rare items that you really love owning even though it seems a bit out of date. Still have it, thought about trading for a Q5 recently but just couldn't let it go. Doesn't have fancy triggers, its heavier, doesn't hold a full box of ammo in every mag, sights don't glow in the dark, but you still feel like it is the ultimate expression of a 9mm handgun.

#11 · (Edited)
I'm regretting not exceeding my bid by ~$200 (that would have exceeded $2k).

The seller of this spotless P5C is also the seller of the 100% wood grip P88. Sent him a message thru GB on the topic of face to face/local pick up in San Antonio, ended up taking on the phone for almost an hour.

He's having issues with the buyer of the P88.....

1) buyer was annoyed when he was called to discuss payment and delivery details, wanted to know where seller got his phone # .......

2) REFUSED to take ANY details from seller regarding payment.......

3) Told seller NOT to call him, buyer ended the call stating (paraphrasing here)....I will call YOU and explain the details of this transaction after discussing this GB purchase with my FFL.

4) Buyer has (1) GB deal, almost 4 years ago.

I informed the seller I'm willing to exceed the winning bid by $75 ($2.1K total), and do the face to face deal in SA if this GB buyer falls thru.

RomeoAlpha1 wants these grips, but the P88 (and the 5 mags) are verboten in Commiefornia.

RA1 and I are splitting this purchase (if seller sh!ts the bed), I get a P88 safe queen with 5 mags and all Ulm items, and RA1 gets the unicorn P99 Nill grips.

If the P5C buyer becomes an issue for the seller, I'll do the same "plus 3 $25 bids ($75) over winning bid price" on that Walther too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.