Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a final consensus between these two basepads? I’m about to order these along with the low profile magwell, and I want to know if which of the two you prefer?

From what I’ve read here I’ve heard the TTI pads indeed fit without issue on the pro magwell. Tool less install and cleaner look at the expense of missing one round.

The TF +6 extensions, from reading here, have either not loaded all the way to +6, or interfere with the low pro magwell. Would be nice to have the TFs in working order since the ones in the Walther store have PPQ engravings on the bottom. Were these issues addressed recently?

I don’t mind hand fitting either of them if I need to. I have no interest in modding non oem mags however. Seeking pads to work with OEM mags.

Input?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have TF +6 extensions on a pair of P99 mags. I can't speak to their interaction with the Q5 SF Pro magwell, but they do *just* get +6. The 21st round is a really tight fit, though, and they're quite difficult to seat under a closed slide. I solved that problem by putting P99c followers in them, which actually allows 22 rounds slightly less tight than 21 with the stock follower. They're not quite as tough to seat under a closed slide, and I'd believe someone who said that once the springs wear in a bit, 22 will be just fine. For now, I'm loading 21 and they're easy to seat under a closed slide. Given all that, I'd call the TF extensions +5.5, but throw a P99c follower into the mix and they're almost +7.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know it's late, but the +6 extensions do allow you to load +6 or 21 into the SF. You need to put the follower on first and then insert the whole thing carefully into the mag. That was my original mistake. I just dropped the follower in (as you would on my "normal" steel frame 1911's) and then put the spring in after. Wrong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
FWIW, I tried inserting an empty mag with the TF +6 extension into an SF Pro at a gun shop and the mag did not lock into place. You may need to grind the extensions and/or the magwell to get them to work.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already ordered the TTIs and the Pro Magwell. I’m okay with just 20, I’m not going to compete with it or anything, just a pretty range pistol for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
They wills work IF you follow the prochedure I referenced above.
I don't see how the follower/spring has any effect on not being able to seat the mag because the magwell physically blocks the basepad due to its geometry.

Are you doing this on an SF Pro?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I actually have not tried seating the mag loaded to 21 yet on a closed slide. I was referring to the ability to GET 21 into the mag with the + 6 extensions. it is a SF, but I've had it in IDPA config. lately with just the 15 round mag and TF Comp. Baseplate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts