Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I lurked a while . . . . good to meet everyone!

Advice needed on holsters for IWB,

What I want is one with only one single metal belt clip (or two VERY CLOSE and centered metal clips) that I can grab with one hand to remove the holstered weapon to use the bathroom at home (I set it on the counter near me) and a sweat guard that covers the whole slide, and then a magazine pouch with the same clip and also with a sweat guard for a Walther PPQ M2 9mm 4". I switch between IWB and AIWB, so zero cant. Needs to fit tight and snug.

Can anyone recommend anyone who can sell me the kind of holster that I want?

What I have so far is an Alien Gear Shapeshift, and that helped me determine what I wanted. It's really bulky. It helped me know that I want a single thick metal clip, not two clips on wings, but it's not really all that good at any of the things it does.

Then I got a The Holster Store kit (for gun plus one for mag) here: Pro Carry HD Combo Pack
The problem was that the metal clip has little prongs that are supposed to dig into the leather to hold it in, but they are bulky and made it so I had to use a slim belt rather than my thick, wide belt that they said should have fit. It fit half my belts and I was going to keep it, but they told me to send it back, I did, they lost it, and then they sent me a replacement (only the gun, no magazine holster) that didn't fit the gun well. They suck for customer service, and are disorganized. I'm almost tempted to order another set since the set I sent back to them was really ok, but I don't really want to reward incompetence.

I found the Urban Defender by Diamond D Custom Leather, Alaska Urban Defender , but there is no sweat guard and no magazine holster. They won't customize an order.

At this point I'll do either kydex or leather, I just want a single beltclip like the Urban Defender or Pro Carry HD, and I want to get a mag pouch with the same wide metal clip. I want the mag pouch to have a sweat guard because of comfort when bending over to pick things up, clean the house, etc; it has nothing to do with sweat.

Does anyone sell something like this? What companies are good for holsters, or does anyone know someone who will do this as a custom order just the way I like? My budget is $250 at this point.

Again, this is to carry condition 0 safely. Thank you for any advice! ~Nicole

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Everyone has a favorite....

Tommy used to be a supporter on the site, and that's how I found out about him. That said, I've got a box of holsters that I have bought that either didn't fit, or were not quite what I wanted. I've never put one of Tommy's holsters in that box, and I've got them now for PPS, PPS m2, PPQ, P99c, PX4 Sub Compact, and a Hellcat. EZ-Clip and Single Clip may be the fit that you are looking for. (The EZ-Clip actually surprised me, because I'd always been a metal clip person before, but that clip has just worked...)

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anyone with the same needs as me (I've decided I really want leather with a full sweat guard and a single metal clip, and it needs to stay open when empty so reholstering in condition 0 is safe), here are the possibilities I've recently identified:

Azula Gun Holsters

IWB Non Collapse In The Waist IWB Holster CCW

IWB TUCKABLE NON COLLAPSING In The Waist Band Concealment Holster

IWB Magazine Pouch

AZULA Premium IWB Inside Waist Gun Magazine, Clip, Mag Pouch

MTR Custom Leather

Deluxe AIWB Holster

Tuckable Adversary Holster (A-3A)

Vedder Holsters

Walther PPQ M2 9mm IWB Holster RapidTuck™

Falco Holsters

A105 Falcon

A106 Falcon with thumb break

I haven't tried any of these yet, so I'm about to post another followup here to ask about the clip style and whether any of you have tried a thumb break . . . . . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my question at this point is deciding among the clips on the various styles. There's two sizes of UltiClip, vs a couple styles of "tuckable" metal clip and some "untuckable" metal clips.

Anyone on here have experience with any of the holster models I've listed above? What would work good for a thick leather belt on jeans? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Theis looks good too, and this is the only other company other than Azula with mag carriers for IWB and a full sweat guard covering the top of the mag.

EZ-Clip Hybrid Holster

IWB Tuckable Mag Holder

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.