Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about buying a p38 from a friend who tells me it was a German nazis gun in WWII however after I looked over the gun I realized the gun has English written all over including the safety/fire. And no nazi markings. I'm new to walthers and just want to know if Im buying an original war gun or a post war gun. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the gun is in north Carolina and I'm in south Carolina. But I can ask him to send me some it might take some time though. I could have sworn that the guns safety saying safe and fire in English would automatically throw it out as a nazi sidearm

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Most all P38s have S & F...it just so happens it is the German equivalent
also.

There should be lots of indications if it were WWII vintage, year, maker code and WaA359 stampings.

Go here for more info.
P38

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have never come across one that does not say S and F. Also, just because there are no nazi symbols, does not mean that it was not for military use. My grandfather personally got his P38 off a German soldier, brought it back, and there is not one nazi symbol on the pistol. Like everybody has said on here, we need pictures and more information. Given the distance between you and the seller, I would suggest passing, unless you are willing to go view the pistol first hand. There are so many things that cannot be conveyed to you in pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts