Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my trijicon night sights and after installing the rear sight I realized that it was a little loose. Not loose enought to sway back and forty but a little shaky. Is this normal? Anyone else have this exerpience.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Have no "exerpience" on this matter, but the "G" force on dovetailed sights mounted on a semi-auto pistol slide is greater than one might suppose; if the instalation is "a little shaky", chances are that before 100 rounds are fired you will be waiting 'till dark to look for the missing Trijicon. If the instalation was done by someone else, I would send it back and politely ask them to do it again -- this time correctly. If I had performed it myself, I would review my work and, if that were faultless, think about other options. Lacking a suitable alternative such as returning the sight , I would consider the judicious use of wicking Locktite. If it will prevent movement of the locking cams of an MG34 machine gun, it will sure as hell hold the rear sight on a P99.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Sorry, disregard the above. Forgot that the P99 sight is similar to the P88 and P5 sight, which are not dovetailed and do not take kindly to being solidified by Loctite. Brain fart.

M

·
Registered
99 Posts
MY Meprolights and my Trijicon are a little loose compared to stock sight at the rear sight,, It is not enough play to effect my accuracy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
HI,

Trijicon rear sights are loose. You have 2 options.

1: shim with paper
2: apply thin layer of epoxy to bottom. When dry sand it down to fit dovetail snugly...that's what I did with mine.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Also, make sure that U have that pin sitting right. If it's not turned correctly, it doesn't make a good "lock" with the sight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts