Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put on some Trijicon Green Front/yellow rear night sights on my P99. To solve the wiggle I put a 'THIN' strip of epoxy on the top edges of the bottom flanges of the sight. I let them cure about 10-12 hours then fit them in the slide. The slide just 'trimmed' the excess and I let the remainder harden...at that point it was dry enough that it wouldn't permanently bond the sight to the slide. Now I have a Trijicon rear sight that fits very snugly in the slide and I have yellow rear dots which really help my eyes in focusing on the front sight. I have read many people prefer Meprolights to Trijicon due to the poor fit of the Trijicons, but the solution is pretty simple...I chose Trijicon since it's easy to get them in Canada and I just like their reputation.

Hope this helps other trijicon fans with their P99 sights.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My Trijicons have wiggled since day one.
But in 2 years and 25k rounds they are still dead on, and they've never given me any trouble.
I've used them for many, many one handed racks against my holster or belt, and they are still attached.
Good sights....... even if they do wiggle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did the same thing except used thread locker instead of the epoxy. Works well. Make sure you are zeroed first.

Excessive movement on the rear sight bugs me. The more it moves, the poorer the accuracy of the weapon...theoretically.

Tim

·
Registered
411 Posts
Only if the movement is happening during the sight alignment and trigger press.
I've never seen a set of Trijicons that would move on their own. And if you are shaking bad enough to rattle the rear sight.............

The biggest hinderance to accuracy with the Trijicons is the large gap in the sight picture. Perfect for quick combat shooting, not so great for precision.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I let the epoxy dry to the point where it was solid. Pressing it through the slide slot naturally 'trimmed' the excess epoxy. Since it was dry already I could slide it out if required. Depending on the strength of epoxy used one could also file it to fit too. I found prior to this the spring plunger pushed the right side of the sight up slightly giving a 'crooked' picture. The epoxy made the sight fit snugly so no one sight was pushed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts