Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Trijicon Night sights on order for my P99. I looked at a set and noticed the front sight has a hexagonal metal piece attached to a rod that inserts into the sight itself. Is this a screw??? The local gunshop people tells me that they need a staking tool to attach the front sight. Is this so for the Trijicons??? If it is a screw what tool do I use to turn it..??

Please help!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It's like the Glock. It's a screw to help keep it in place. I went to the local Elliott's hardware and got a hex screwdriver that fits, it's a "Wiha Chrom -Van. 265 3/16" Made in Germany" unit.

The screw can be started with tweezers or a toothpick (it's a little bit of a bugger to do), but once it's started, you can snug it up with your hex driver. DON'T tighten it so much you snap it off.

I also put a little loctite (red tube) on it to keep it from coming loose.

Your local gunshop people are not familiar with the P99 because they are incorrect. Tell them it's like a Glock.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Glock Front sight tool works about the best. I bought one to install Mep's on both of my P99's. If I never use it again for anything else, it was worth the money. That front sight install is really a pain without one and really easy with one.

Craig

·
Registered
411 Posts
ditto the "real deal" on sight installation tools.
I bought an Aro-Tek front sight hex driver a few years ago, some of the best money I've spent.
$25 on their web site.
Aro-Tek

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are they good sights. I have been trying to find out what would be the best night sights as I am new to guns etc. Where can I go to find the cheapest price? So far I have only found them for $115.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Arizona Gun Runners has the best price for Meprolights. $65 plus shipping.

James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts