Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched numerous videos over and over and still cannot get the rear sight to "click" into place and hold. I literally do not know what to do next.

Help, if you can.

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
Sorry to hear you still having trouble. At this point, I'd suggest taking it to a gunsmith. He'll probably do it for free, as it literally only takes a few seconds using nothing but a thumbnail.

This is the way it will look when installed correctly.

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
First, thanks to all who responded. It is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I removed the windage screw from the original sight and transferred it to the HD rear sight.

The spring and plunger went "kazing" when I attempted to depress it to install the new sight. After multiple failures to get the plunger to "click" into place, it shot off into orbit. Yes, the HD sight requires the use of the spring and plunger.

Any additional tricks or suggestions would be appreciated. Next on the list is to contact Walther for a replacement plunger and spring.

Again, thank you, thank you.
When relocating the factory sight windage screw into the new Trijicon, it does not fit "flush" with the sight. Is this a problem?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I must have missed that other thread.

I agree with the gunsmith suggestion. That would seem to be the best next step in this process.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh Yeah!

To all that responded, thank you. To I'm a Old Fart, the picture you sent was what I needed. That was the key to me being able to install the rear sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts