Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my PPQ today, along with a pair of HD sights. Sadly my PPQ came with fixed steel sights and no plunger so I couldn't install the HD sights.

On top of that, because I live in Canada, Walther parts are extremely scarce and usually takes over half a year to import some ITAR controlled screws across the border.

I'll try to use solder to increase the width of the rear sight and a file to grind it down to the correct dimension. Hopefully I'm not going to ruin the rear sight.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Return the sights you received before messing them up, and order the sights for the PPS instead. Same dovetail as the PPQ, just held in place by friction and a toothy roll pin instead of spring and plunger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!

This is my first time buying Walther and I'm very disappointed by the poor documentation of their products. The information did not appear on their website, Trijicon's website, I even called them and they sounded very confused.

Maybe it's due to the dealer in Canada imported some hidden European models that come standard with PPS sights.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Actually, I think the spring and plunger setup is US only, to get enough "sporting" points per the Gun Control Act of 1968 to be importable as a "target" pistol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you return it, consider getting sights from Dawson Precision. I find them superior. Oh, if you call them, they know what the heck they are doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts