Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very helpful writeup

This was a really helpful writeup. I just finished installing these sights on my PPQ 5" slide, which is a little trickier since the screw for the front sight is enclosed and can only be accessed through two holes. You can't actually put your finger on the screw. My solution was to stuff a small wad of newspaper into the 3/16" socket so that the screw would not be pushed into the socket. I then put the screw into the socket and inserted the screw through slot in the slide WITHOUT having the sight in place, pushing the screw tight against the seat. It was then very easy to get the screw started in the sight. AFTER it was started, I seated the sight in the slot and tightened the screw. A small screwdriver helps to pack in the paper and then pick it out when done. This should work well on the 4" slide too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 5 inch barrel and the front of the slide covers the screw with an access hole. I bought a 3/16 not driver to tighten the front sight, but the nut driver is too big to tighten the screw. Does anyone have a suggestion for a nut driver that will tighten the screw for the front sight?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a 5 inch barrel and the front of the slide covers the screw with an access hole. I bought a 3/16 not driver to tighten the front sight, but the nut driver is too big to tighten the screw. Does anyone have a suggestion for a nut driver that will tighten the screw for the front sight?

Here is one
http://www.amazon.com/AmeriGlo-Ultimate-Arms-Gear-Disassembly/dp/B00O5C058Q/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1437388871&sr=8-9&keywords=glock+3%2F16+nut+driver

Or do as oldfart suggested

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used the Wiha driver:

It was close, but it worked. I found the hole for the screw was just a little far back on the sight, so the socket fit through the access holes, but it was not quite centered over the screw, and not much wiggle room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dawson Precison Night Sights on Walther PPQ M2 5"

Hi,
I recently installed Dawson Precision Night Sights (Front & Rear)on Walther PPQ M2 5" without any hitches. Dawson includes all necessary tools to perform the job except the Loctite. I used the blue Loctite. They fit nicely after having to slightly file down the rear sight to enable it to fit.

My only concern is the front sight doesn't seem all that bright in dark settings.
Has anyone experienced a brightness issue with it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Haven't checked in in a while as I've been super busy and had to put the hobbies aside. I thought I mentioned the plunger for the rear sights would shoot out like a casing from the ejector port! Luckily you found it.

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
They should be an exact match as the PPQ 45 uses the same sights as the PPQ9mm.

The TruGlo TFX sights that fit the PPQ 9mm also fit the Q45 exactly....I know because I installed a set of TFX on my Q45 a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very Good Question

I was wondering the very same thing. I'm thinking that I read some thing that said that the PPS or other front sights were slightly different from the factory front sight on the PPQ's. Does anyone else know about this or am I wrong about this. Are the sights being sold from various company's that are said to be for the PPS the very same size and shape at those needed for the PPQ's? change the sights out on my PPQ at this time. But I'm still looking at

Do either the Meprolight or trijicon sights affect elevation?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put Meprolight #18801's on my PPQ (9 & 45) and there was a slight change to POI vs POA. The rounds print about 1/2" higher at 25 feet. Nothing to be concerned about at self defense range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
trijicons

Have the Trijicons on both Q's, one orange one yellow.

Both rear sights rub into my side (owb holster).
Anyone else suffer this.

Great sights btw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking to upgrade my factory sights. Came across a review first on the Meprolight. Some had issues with shooting high. Has anyone come across similar issues after installation of the Trijicon? Thank you.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts