Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Awaiting Arrival.

Mine are all ordered up. Now the waiting. Installation looks simple enough. Guess we'll see where it goes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quick Easy Fantastic.

Mine are all ordered up. Now the waiting. Installation looks simple enough. Guess we'll see where it goes.
I've always had good luck with Trijicon in the past and they certainly have given me no reason to change my opinion on my PPQ. Installation was a snap and they work every bit as well as I would expect from Trijicon.

Here is the video of my installation;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZJ3bjAMZTM

Here is the video of my review;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUNlminoOk8

And for the front site screw that can be such a bugger I found this little gem that's less than $10. ; Amazon.com : Ameriglo Front Sight Tool for Glocks - Economy Model : Airsoft Gun Sights : Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
10 Posts
My M2 was easy and straight forward, rear sight slid right out, aligned the slot in the plunger and all was golden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Forgive me for asking an ignorant question, but what is Loctite 242 and what is its purpose?

Is it some sort of glue or is it a polymer sealant of some kind? Is it there to prevent fouling or is it there to prevent creep on the sight?

Also, has anyone tried installing Trijicon HDs? Same exact procedure?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Loctite 242 is a mild adhesive that will help prevent movement of the threads on the front site, simple a threadlocker. 242 is NOT a permanent adhesive as you can 'break' the lock with a little heat and force. It just helps ensure that the front post stays true and eliminates slop and/or loosening over time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Loo title is a brand of thread sealant that will keep threaded fasteners from loosening. It comes in different grades that range from light thread locking to permanent thread locking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They make many different formulas. The green and red are typically the "retaining" variety that require heat or excessive force to unscrew the two components. The 242 blue is best for most of the firearm applications. For smaller fasteners, 4x40 and smaller the purple 222 is better so you don't damage the fastener when you try and remove it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you had any experience with 243? Supposedly it's the same as 242 but more oil resistant (which would seem better for a firearm).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Something that may help others install the front sight... turn the slide upside down and place the screw in the slot. Hold it in place with your finger while twisting the sight on the screw. Just one or two revolutions to set the screw, then turn the slide over and use the tool to tighten the screw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just purchased a PPQ M1. Is replacing the sights on an M1 the same as on an M2? Also, other than Trijicon, are there other brands of night sights anyone can suggest?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you're considering standard white circle Tritium night sights, I've had both Meprolight and Trijicon with my preference going to the Meprolight. They're less blocky and a better fit for the PPQ while still being taller than the stock sights. The Trijicon looked and felt blocky and oversized, by comparison.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
If you're considering standard white circle Tritium night sights, I've had both Meprolight and Trijicon with my preference going to the Meprolight. They're less blocky and a better fit for the PPQ while still being taller than the stock sights. The Trijicon looked and felt blocky and oversized, by comparison.
Here's a link to two of Mep's sights that will fit on all of the P99/PPQ/PPS/PPX pistols, though the press-fit versions will need a retaining sleeve...
As you can see via the link, the '801 is taller, while the 802 more resembles the PPS sights in contour and height.

I've got the 18801's on my PPQ, and while they're a good product, they're tall, blocky, and tend to hit things...like my elbow, when I'm carrying.

I'd really prefer the 18802 sights for my PPS, and I'd probably put a set on my 9mm PPQ as well, and put the Meps I have now back onto the .40 PPQ, and leave it as a dedicated night stand gun, and not use it for carry purposes.

I'd rather have a pressed in sight on a carry gun anyway..as it's one less thing to worry about breaking or getting rendered useless in a rough situation/event.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another vote for Trijicon

I went with the Trijicon standard "green" night sight and have been very pleased with them. I ordered them from Amazon along with two nut drivers, and they arrived in less than a week. Very easy to install thanks to the instructions and videos on this site. :)

p.s. The Allen wrench that comes with Crimson Tracer laser grips to adjust the aimpoint is the same size as the Allen screw on the bottom of the factory front sight. I put some purple loctite on the screw and sight before installing, and screw is staying tight.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i just got my ppq today had got my meprolite sights a day earlier in the mail and i installed mine right after i got home with it. look to be much the same install as the trijicon sights with the hex head screw for the front, used blue locktite there. found a #5 torx screwdriver fit the stock sight screw perfectly. had a old 3/16" nutdriver bit that fit the sights hex but had to grind a little off the od to get it into the relief cut but worked great. On the video i saw they screwed the rear sight out before moving the sight, i found that moving the sight a bit left to clear the screw from the pin loosening the screw a couple turns to enable me to get my fingers on it it turned out by hand easily. i did find i had to stone the sight a little to get it to tap into the notch on the slide. didnt make it loose enough to slide it in by hand but can tap it with a screwdriver handle. could of knocked it in with a punch but that might defeat the windage adjustability if it was too tight for the screw to move the sight, which it seems to do nicely.

i must say that although i wanted nite sights on the gun and nice metal sights are better than plastic, i didnt think the stock sights were cheap feeling or poorly made.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts