Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You don't hear too much about these. As a rule, do they require less fitting than the Meprolights which personally I have had two bad experiences with now - a lot of fitting to get them on and then I did not like the way they sat in the dovetail. Trijicon does not however offer a dedicated set for the P99 compact. How do the regular Trijicon night sights work on the compact? I'd be intrested in a comparison between the Trijicon brand and the Mepros. Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have Mepro night sights that I put on a Walther P99. The gun had some issues* and Walther (S&W) replaced the entire gun.

The Mepro night sights slid right in on the first and second guns without any problems or fitting. Keep in mind that this was the same set of night sights installed on each gun serially.

I have a set of Trijicons coming for a different P99 and will be able to post a comparison in about one week.

*erratic ejection of brass, went in all directions. The direction that bothered me was directly back at my face.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have now installed two sets of Meprolights on two different P99s and they both required considerable fitting (rear sight). And even once on, I did not like the way they sat in the dovetail compared to Earl's night sights. Factoring in the time it took to work on them which I didn't find particularly enjoyable, my recommendation is to go with Earl's night sights. Expensive yes but no more so than a pair of Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8's (one of the best night sight available in my opinion - too bad they are not available for the P99) and Earl's are completely plug and play. More time to smoke a good cigar and relax until the wife tracks me down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts