Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a p99 9mm with the old-style trigger. The newer p99s seem to have a more simplified trigger (at least as far as I can see). I noticed in the FAQ that Walther redesigned the trigger a while ago. Does anyone know why? Are the newer triggers better/worse in any way?

I noticed that my old trigger, which is intended to be a safety trigger, only restricts trigger pull if you apply pressure way at the top of it.

I'm perfectly fine with the trigger I have -- just curious as to why the change was made.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I noticed this too when I saw the post of banddr2 about the problem of pinching the finger with the image of CKW's P99. I've got an "old" model too. It works like a safety as you say if you dont press the bottom of the trigger.

I've noticed this safety because I've replaced the trigger spring to decrease the trigger pull. The result is pretty good but if you replace the original spring by a too long one, the safety you are talking about works permanently

Moreover, the new trigger seems a little bit longer, closer to the trigger guard.

I've no more info for you about this  
. Perhaps a top level member will read this and let us know the difference between those two triggers...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! I haven't modified my trigger in any way yet. I just wondered if Walther thought it might be problematic or useless and that's why they ditched the design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts