Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. I purchased a used ppq m2 about a year ago and it was flawless, now I just purchased a new one and it’s not the same. The trigger is gritty feeling even when I take off the slide I can pull the trigger bar away from the frame and it is smooth. Any suggestions to what I should do?and and also the safety plunger squeaks when pulling up it . I tried getting the grease out and blow air but it’s still there any help? I’ve been to the range once with this pistol I’m waiting on my new sights to arrive before I go back I used flitz polishing the bar a 400 grit sandpaper inside the bar hoping it would get some of the burs gone. Can anyone help thank

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I don't have one so I can't help. Is the trigger bar stamped from flat plate so that there is a rough sheared side? If so and that side is dragging on some part of the frame then removing the rough edge might help. Sounds like you are on the right track if moving the trigger bar away from something it is dragging on helps. There have been some long threads regarding swaging of the metal at the chamber by the trigger bar but I don't remember if any roughness was discussed. 1917

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
Hard to say exactly, without having your gun in my hands. I've turned quite a few PPQ/P99 triggers from a little gritty to slick n' snot on a doorknob. This can usually be done in about 10 or 15 minutes....Fritz, not required.

In the pictures below, the red arrow points to a dimple in the trigger bar. It's this dimple that rides/slides along the side of the frame.....this dimple is the ONLY point of contact between the side of the frame and the side of the trigger bar. Is it possible the dimple has a 'burr' on the end/peak, scratching along the frame? Errr' I don't think so....or, at least I've never seen that. But, its something to check. Could there be a little bit of 'krap' stuck in between the frame and the trigger bar? Yep, that's a possibility...spray cleaner and compressed air may take care of that.

The other part of the trigger bar that rubs on the pistol (side of the sear housing) is identified by the blue arrow. This flat area of the trigger bar needs to be free from any burrs...just as the side of the sear housing needs to be clear of any burrs. This can be accomplished with a small piece of 400 grit sand paper....without removing the trigger bar from the pistol.

The green arrows points to the area of the trigger bar where the trigger bar guide rubs and guides the trigger bar. I've found that this area is the most critical and MUST be free from burrs and slicked up just a little...again, a little piece of 400 grit sand paper. Also, its THIS area that HAS to be lubed. MANY Q triggers have been turned from krappy to happy with the application of 'one' drop of lube to this area.

As for a squeaky FPB....that's just not right....and once again, I'd try a little lube....that should cure the 'squeak'.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Emery paper...! No sand paper anywhere unless it is on a wood stock. Emery paper comes in 320 grit, 400, 600, 800, 1,000, 2,000 etc. I've got some that came in a pack from a wood working shop that is 12,000 grit if I remember correctly. I asked the guy what you would polish with that. "The ink pens people like to make out of high quality pieces of wood", he said. I don't remember where the comma goes but I do know IOF means emery paper. No Dremel grinding wheels either. :) 1917

1 - 6 of 6 Posts