Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where can I get a different trigger for my P99QA? I mean the shape of the trigger itself.  I wish I could post a picture, but do not know how.
In Walther 2005 catalog on page 5 in bottom left corner there is trigger I'd like to try but no one seems to have any information on it.  Called S&W but they are NO HELP at all.  Emailed to Walther Germany - still no answer.
Any help, guys?

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Not sure what U are talking about - post a pic -

I think, years and years ago, the P99s had split triggers. But, they stopped doing that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exectly what shown on the page of 2005 Walther catalog, split trigger. How do I post a picture?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
That trigger is from a 2005+ P99 DAO.... the reason being is the mag release is longer and only the DAO has the split trigger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.  S&W did not know this.  I doubt they know anything about Walther anyway.

The reason I want it:
It does not go along with my trigger finger.  I have the picture showing it, but can't figure out how to post it

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Did you call S&W or WaltherAmerica? While they are under the same umbrella they have some folks who have received different training.

Next best bet would be to call Earl's and see what he has to say.

If you emailed Walther Germany you should get a reply but it may take a day or two. Their rep. Peter D. is a nice guy and should be able to help you.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
JakeStarr is right
the only person that has imported the 2004 P99 DAO was Earl....
S&W did not import DAO after 2003... so that might be part of the reason why they didn't know what you were talking about... and to the best of my knowledge the old style P990 did not have the split trigger
however since you already want a ligher triggerpull with you QA I would recomend you not to get a DAO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Earl - they had no info on this trigger.  I have 2005 QA.
How can I get hold of that felow Peter D in Germany?

·
Registered
525 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Sep. 24 2006,9:23)]That trigger is from a 2005+ P99 DAO.... the reason being is the mag release is longer and only the DAO has the split trigger

Holy enormous slide release!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
you can find this AMBI slide release on the P99 and P99c DAO 2004 + and apparently on a P99c/QA according to the German Walther site.... not on the P99/QA fullsize though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If anybody is interested - this is what I received from Walther in Germany in response to my email about different triggers for P99:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Sir,

The picture shows the trigger for our model P99 DAO (Double Action Only). This model requires another trigger than the P99 QA. Unfortunately the triggers are not interchangeable among each other. Therefore we are not able to offer a solution for your problem.

Best regards,
Carl Walther GmbH - Germany
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P99and½

1 - 13 of 13 Posts