Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At P99AS manual saÿ:
TRIGGER SAFETY: This prevents the trigger from traveling rearward unless the trigger is first pivoted by pressure on the lower part of the trigger.

on my P99 AS I still can pull the trigger without pressure the lower part of trigger first. I don´t fell there is some safety device on the trigger. what about your´s P99?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
If I am not mistaken, there was some sort of safety when the gun first came out, and I think they removed that feature later

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes , there is a trigger safety bar located inside the main trigger housing. And it works.........

Look at the underside of your trigger........and you will see that slender bar that contains some pivot points.
Also notice that the main trigger can pivot independently of this trigger bar.

Now to see theis trigger bar in action: MAKE SURE THE GUN IS UNLOADED !!!

Cock your weapon...........the trigger on the AS model will still be forward. Normally only slight pressure is need to bring this AS trigger back to a stage 2 configuration where the gun is essentially ready to fire in SA.

Here is where the safety trigger bar comes in.........unless the trigger is pivoted--- the trigger bar will not allow the trigger to move backward to stage 2, with the same ease as if the trigger were allowed to pivot.

Try it........with the gun cocked........and trigger still forward........just push on the very top of the trigger, trying to move it rearward......it will not ( or should not move easily) move rearward.

The trigger bar has no function in DA mode because the designers felt that the long hard stroke would prevent accidental discharges by its very nature.

Hope this helps.........???

Stay safe....

JF

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answer!

So, the trigger safety only work at SA mode(I never try that)....I am working right now, I will try this at home.

Thanks again to sniper350 for the detail explain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts