Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just changed the broken striker guide, I am surprised that I was able to pull the trigger with out pressing the trigger safety. Can you guys check yours especially to those who sent the gun for recall. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yikes!
I cleared mine and tried 5 or 6 times and it didn't budge without depressing dingus. Mine was not in the recall.
I am surprised that there is really no take up movement at all with dingus engaged.
Good luck and thanks for the alert.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look like the issue is I guide the slide forward, if I let it go by itself the dingus will fully activate. I tried to drop it cocked with snap cap, it didn't fired but it make dingus fully activated. I don't know if I can trust carrying it again.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I just tried my post recall M2 and it works normally. Is there any wear or damage on the part of the frame that is supposed to block the dingus ? Pics of this area might help. Are you sure that you aren't pressing it in accidentally ?

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
The key may be to 'not glide the slide forward'. Pull that puppy all the way back and let er' go.

The following is just a WAG.

I don't have a clue what changing the striker guide would have with the trigger. But it sounds like your trigger is not returning all the way forward....maybe just an rch shy. This would make the 'stop' on the dingus not have enough room to fully rotate into position...or not at all.

If it were mine, I'd locate the forward stop for the trigger and run a nail file across that location 'one' time...maybe 'twice', reassemble and test. OR remove the trigger and again, run the nail file across the rear of the trigger dingus once or twice....be careful as the angle on the back side of the dingus is a critical angle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts