Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to buy a P99 based on its performance at a rental range. I just picked up my P99 today to find out that the trigger is significantly different than the one I tried at the range. I now know that the rental gun was an old style trigger. Is it possible to have my P99 retrofitted with the old style trigger? I know the trigger will loosen up, but it's too curvy like the HK triggers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi rik. I havn't had my 2 yr old P99 side by side with the new style, but from the pictures, they both seem to have the same curvy trigger. just the trigger guard dosn't have the old hump inside it it on the new style.
If the trigger feels different, you might try changeing the backstrap. changeing the backstraps will change how your finger will set and work on the trigger too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Once the action is broken in, 500-1000rnds of factory ammo,
the trigger is ultra slick. Especially the SA. The DA will
always suck and takes a major amount of concentration
to fire accurately.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your 2 year old one would still have the same new trigger. Only 6000 of the old style trigger were made, and imported by Interarms I think. I just shot 120 rnds today, it wasn't bad, but the difference in the triggers is really knawing at me. I'm seriously considering trying to find someone to trade with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Riktoven @ June 23 2004,5:07)]Your 2 year old one would still have the same new trigger.  Only 6000 of the old style trigger were made, and imported by Interarms I think.  I just shot 120 rnds today, it wasn't bad, but the difference in the triggers is really knawing at me.  I'm seriously considering trying to find someone to trade with.
Do you know what walther called that particular trigger?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hay Rik your right on the money man, this is the new style.
Never shot or even seen the old style, but I really like the curved one I got over the straghter one in the Glocks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hay Rik, if the triggers are interchangeable you might work something out with the gun range to swap em with some boot or somethin if ya can't find one..
Just a thought..

·
Registered
60 Posts
hay Rik, how about letting us know if you find any of these triggers or maybe post a pic if yur able.
good luck man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts