Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You thought the P99 trigger was short stock, try adding an over-travel stop :)

Where my P7 shoots flatter and smoother than my P99, the quick reset trigger has got me all excited these days. So, after replacing an old shock buff out of one of my 1911's, I cut it into a wide rectangle just big enough to fit in the recess on the rear of the trigger and the height (width of the buff) was perfect when mounted high on the trigger. The result was better than I had expected leaving minimal, very minimal, post break travel.

A trip to the range showed no sign of reliability issues and a short trigger now even shorter. Very fast :)

With the proof of concept out of the way, I'm looking to find a more robust and solid solution, also of a harder material for better "feel". However, the normal set screw is not a good option since I don't want to chew a hole in my frame. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
ajw45, I am a new P99 owner and new to the board.  However, you have hit on the exact subject that crossed my mind the other day, a trigger stop for overtravel.  I have not quite yet visualized how you made yours, but once i get it, I will follow your lead.  Any chance on posting a picture?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts